Views: 8297|Replies: 21

Syrian bombing Al Qaeda work USA say so. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-17 12:23:59 |Display all floors

FEBRUARY 17, 2012

U.S. Points to al Qaeda's Role in Unrest By SIOBHAN GORMAN and JULIAN E. BARNES

WASHINGTON—U.S. intelligence officials said they now believe al Qaeda operatives are aiding the Syrian opposition and may have been involved in recent bombings, in the most direct connection yet drawn by U.S. officials between terrorist groups and the Syrian opposition.

James Clapper, the director of national intelligence, said the recent attacks in Damascus and Aleppo, "had all the earmarks of an al Qaeda-like attack," in that they were targeted at security and intelligence buildingsin its choice of targets.

"We believe that al Qaeda in Iraq is extending its reach into Syria," said Mr. Clapper at a Senate hearing on Thursday.

Bashar al-Assad's government has been saying for weeks that al Qaeda is behind dissident violence. But U.S. officials, while seeing evidence of infiltration, said they haven't concluded that outside extremists are controlling or dominating the dissidents.

"The opposition groups in many cases may not be aware that they're there," Mr. Clapper said.

Lt. Gen. Ronald Burgess, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said that extremists, including al Qaeda operatives, "may already be in country." But he said there hasn't been a "clarion call" to outside extremists and al Qaeda operatives to join the Syrian opposition. "So basically, the team that's on the ground is playing with what it has," he said.

At the Pentagon, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said the crisis in Syria has become "that much more serious" to the U.S. as a result of indications that al Qaeda has infiltrated the government's opposition, the Associated Press reported.

"It does raise concerns for us that al Qaeda is trying to assert a presence there," he said. "As to just what their role is and how extensive their role is, I think that still remains to be seen."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-17 14:15:23 |Display all floors

edisonone  you know what the indians of the americas say about the white settlers... errr... white invaders i mean... they say "white man speaks with forked tongues" (:) (:)...  Post time 2012-2-17 13:31
(:) (:)...  Post time 2012-2-17 13:31
-------------------------------------

yes Edisone that is famous native wise words i know.

I think you are right , never trust angloimperialist swines....

they have few too many genocides behind them...................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-17 14:25:08 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-2-17 14:15
edisonone  you know what the indians of the americas say about the white settlers... errr... white  ...

smithi

is Al Q helping America in Syria or is America helping Al Q in Syria?

the truth is : Now Arabs and Americans found unity.

Russians scared? or China scared?

or both Russian and China scared?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-17 14:29:50 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-2-17 14:25
smithi

Listen bro my main objective in this thread is to show you and Fenixz how shallow you are.

You claimed Assad is responsible for bombings yet your masters in Washington decided to come half clean and admit Al Qa’ida did it.

Obviously things are not going smooth between yo and yoru masters.

My point is why so much lie from you and your masters?

Don't you respect facts and truth?

Are you blasphemous not good Muslim?

Allah punish lies you know that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-17 14:53:43 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-2-17 14:29
Listen bro my main objective in this thread is to show you and Fenixz how shallow you are.

You cl ...

Al Q are the most dedicated revolutionaries .

It will be surprising if Al Q dont try to kill Assad. ....or bomb Assad.

If China and Russia talk too much, Al Q guns will also turn their aims from Twin Towers to Beijing Towers.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-17 14:59:01 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-2-17 14:53
Al Q are the most dedicated revolutionaries .

so you saying you support terrorism , why am i not suprised .............hmmmmmmmmmm

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-17 15:07:40 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-2-17 14:59
so you saying you support terrorism , why am i not suprised .............hmmmmmmmmmm

I support common sense.

Assad is already a goner, a loser, a liability for peace. The sooner disappeared the better.
Attempts by Russia and China to prop up the regime will only add to pain, prolong pain.

Like a good doctors, the way to cure a patient is to cut off the cancerous part. Assad is cancer.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.