Views: 34768|Replies: 265

Growing Christian movement in China   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-2-11 13:52:51 |Display all floors

I have come across more Chinese people who are nowChristians. This concerns me because many are "hardcore" Christians.What I mean is "holier than thou" types. {:soso_e127:}

I have read that China soon will be the "Cradle ofChristianity" and that growing influence concerns me a great deal. Manywill impose their beliefs on others if they make it into the Chinese politicalsystem (like in the west). This will only undermine the social relationshipamong us all. Don't get me wrong....I have met a "few" goodChristians (the ones that believe you don't have to be Christian to make itinto heaven). However the vast majority are hardcore {:soso_e130:}

These people endanger us all because they view other livesas "lesser" than their own. This mindset can lead to atrocities and intoleranceto other religions….. ie Hitler solutions. What they think should be kept tothemselves! DO NOT LET THIS MOVEMENT SPILL INTO THE POLITICAL SYSTEM {:soso_e129:}

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-2-11 14:23:09 |Display all floors
I couldn't agree more.

They will pull down the collective IQ of your country.
They want to keep their subjects ignorant, all the easier to take advantage of.
The tenets of the Bible are preposterous and only ignorant people will believe them.
Worst of all, it cheapens spirituality. It's a pay as you go scam.
You do not want Christianity slithering it's way in between you and God.
Keep China spiritually clean.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-2-11 14:26:06 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-2-11 14:23
I couldn't agree more.

They will pull down the collective IQ of your country.

My question is "where does the money collected go in China"? Out of the country? Into someones pocket?
Anyone knows?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-2-11 14:30:45 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2012-2-10 22:26
My question is "where does the money collected go in China"? Out of the country? Into someones poc ...

It goes into the pockets of the clergy. How do you think they make their living?
This is their day job. If you're talking Catholic, a cut goes to the boss in the Vatican.
Nobody knows how many trillion they are hiding.
They do give a small portion to the sick and poor but this is to prime the pump.
If you take their money they expect you to convert and then you are finished.
It's like loan sharking but with your soul as well as your future earnings in mind.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-11 16:08:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-2-11 15:58
A lot of simple-minded allegations, confabulations and other unfounded opinionatedness. Do you think ...

They are really a bit "hardcore" and almost on the border with proselitism. I was on this train the other day back to Shanghai and this guy sits by my side and introduces himself to me.....I politely said hi back. After a few minutes he asked what confession I was.....I replied "atheist". Damn! I would have rather told him I was anymist! He took out his bible (yeah, he was travelling with a bible) and started to tell all the things that would happen to me if I didn't embrace Jesus! I asked him to keep the opinion to himself since I was not interested but he wouldn't shut up, so I had to turn on my laptop, put my headphones on and listen to music, only then he understood!
This has never happened to me when travelling in western countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-11 16:16:54 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-2-11 16:13
Those inscrutably bizarre things that happen to you and to UYA...

Not bizarre. I think some people think that all white skin foreigners have to be x-tian. Maybe a great majority are......and I respect that, but what's the point in arguing with somebody that doesn't have the same religious believe as you do?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-11 16:19:29 |Display all floors
#7 I was reading this newspaper the other day and found an interesting article about the Church of the Latter Day Saints (mormons), and how the whole church is structured as a big corporation including a very specific "marketing plan" to expand worldwide.
I am not going to say this is exclusive to them, but I would say that I know members of other religions who keep their believes to themselves without imposing them; I have to say that jews are an example of what I am saying!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.