Author: voice_cd

Translation Contest Series No. 4   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-2-13 21:32:14 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-2-13 21:27
Plant some Pound seeds for me please

Delighted to Old Boy ........

Send them to me and I me plant them somewhere safe for you .........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-2-13 21:54:40 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-2-13 21:32
Delighted to Old Boy ........

Best you plant my Credit Cards too

{:soso_e100:}

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-2-13 22:30:38 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-2-13 21:54
Best you plant my Credit Cards too

Why not ........  

Oh BTW ........

I did a psychological cross reference of things you have posted over the last couple of years and especially numbers  .......

Would you like me to tell you your credit card password number  ...... ?   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-2-13 22:44:37 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-2-13 22:30
Why not ........  

Oh BTW ........

I give you a clue it starts with 1584 .... .... ....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-13 23:11:46 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-2-13 22:44
I give you a clue it starts with 1584 .... .... ....

Your credit card number is:

The same as mine right .........     

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-13 23:52:23 |Display all floors
OK  ………..

I cannot go with the expression ‘meteor’. If we are trying for a pure translation then we need to be thinking on ‘colloquial’ terms and not Chinglish.

A meteor is not a star, and is usually just rock and ice. This only normally only becomes visible with the naked eye when it hits our atmosphere prior to hitting the earth, and can cause terrible damage such as the one which wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. A star is like our Sun and is luminous, or has its own light and can been seen from earth as a passing body. A falling star disappears below the horizon, and a shooting star transits across the sky.

A falling or shooting star is very rarely seen and considered as ‘lucky’, and that is why we can make a wish at such a rare event, whereas, meteors are common and dangerous.

Sorry:  Dseeing, Diggit, helena22, xiabai, fragar …………

Now why did Matt605 and tu22tt suddenly after using ‘shooting star’ use ‘meteor in the line heading ……..  

Sorry guys same to you. If the translation is good then the whole thing must be the closet match.

I cannot go with the expression ‘bless this house prices’ as this has nothing to do with a wish ……..

As in ‘wish upon a falling star’ ………

Bless is used in a spiritual sense to protect something and is normally a person. During times of plague if people sneezed others would say ‘God bless you’, to ward off evil. It is true you can bless a church, car, boat or other, but it is for protection.

Whereas, a wish is also a hope. I wish you well, and I hope you get better soon. These are desires and wants and can be offered to others. The lower price is therefore a desire and not something you want to protect.

Sorry: Smiling-Angel, Waishibo, Aki 1 …………

That leaves:

Vivian0102, goldengrove, ttt222, Austin …… as 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th …………

Kelemum, you did not use enough natural language to get in this bunch. Maybe you could compare yours and see where you might have improved ………

Well done they were all good but remember, is it English .........     {:soso_e181:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-13 23:53:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2012-2-14 00:52
seneca Post time: 2012-2-13 13:55
Hi Ji,

for the first rank I have also selected the two posters Matt and DSeeing, but in addition to ...

OK .......

I have posted my comments at #39 .......

Please do not tell others in the forum that I haven't done my duty ........

Thank you ........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.