Views: 4875|Replies: 13

Top Social Etiquette [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-6 12:51:02 |Display all floors
We've culled these 10 rules from Reddit to make sure you're on the right side of that sometimes-murky fence. If we all agree, so should you.

No.10 Wear Headphones When Listening To Music

If you want to listen to music, WEAR HEADPHONES. I don't care if you and all your buddies like to listen to Madonna mixes at three in the morning in the architecture studio. I came here to get work done, and I can't do it because people are rude. I can't even hear myself think. If one's roommate did that, people would be up in arms, but, somehow, sharing a workspace, people think they're allowed to do whatever they like.
-InvoluntaryEyeroll

And on that note:

If you're wearing headphones, I better not hear anything coming from them. That's the whole point.
-longshot2025

1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 12:54:22 |Display all floors
No.9 Stand In The Right Line

The under-10-items line at the supermarket means under 10 items.
Please see: http://www.reddit.com/user/helloterence
2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 12:55:43 |Display all floors
No.8 Talk Quietly

Don't talk loudly! I have a "friend" who is always nearly yelling, and she gets even louder when you tell her to shut her fat gob. I mean, it would be sort of OK if she only did it in crowded areas, but she does it during class, during movies -- all the f*cking time!
-Anonymous

3.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 12:56:51 |Display all floors
No.7 Be On Time

I have a friend who is constantly around 15 minutes late, who won't tell me if he's running late, likes to change important details last minute, and makes me meet him at places where he doesn't have to walk as far [as I do]. Needless to say, we don't meet up very often anymore.

I just don't understand why people are late all the time. It is not hard to go, "I need to meet X at 8 p.m. We are meeting at Y which is 10 minutes away, [so] I should add in five minutes of extra time just in case; so I should leave at 7:45," and then proceed to step out the door around 7:45.
-HumanoidCarbonUnit
4.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 12:57:24 |Display all floors
No.6 Keep Personal Hygiene Personal

Personal hygiene/grooming is great, but don't do in in public! At work there are people who trim their nails at their desks. But the worst is this guy who flosses his teeth IN THE KITCHEN. Grody.
-mesohungy
5.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 12:58:01 |Display all floors
No.5 Get Off Your Phone

Anyone actively being waited on by their cashier, sandwich artist, order taker, or other customer-service slave needs to be off of their phone. All of these industries revolve around the fastest service possible. If you just comply, you'll be out of their place of business swiftly.
-UnboundTiefling
6.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-6 12:58:30 |Display all floors
No.4 Wipe The Seat, Flush & Wash Your Hands

Nothing is more infuriating than going into a stall and finding piss all over the seat. Either learn to f*cking aim, lift the damn seat or wipe it off before you leave!
-probama

And on that note, we'd like to add: Wash your hands.

7.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.