Author: xuerengui

Why hasn’t China produced a Samsung or Toyota?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-30 16:31:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-30 14:41
Well, the gist of the original post was: China needs proprietary intellectual rights. It needs to  ...

:"But why did it have to be created by a foreigner?  """"""

it is called association.

A Chinese inventing same stuff will need a foreigner to promote it.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 16:49:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by correction at 2012-1-30 17:04

maybe china is new to this game,
or that business structures in china are different from japan & korea who are imitating the west,
big brand names do not ensure economic well-being in the country,
e.g Kodak, Enron, Olympus, GM Motors, Sony, Panasonic, Sangyong, Volvo, Saab, etc, etc
Many of these aren't competitive nowadays, some are bankrupt, eventually bought by Chinese investors.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 16:57:04 |Display all floors
I think very soon more big brands are saved & bought over by Chinese investors.
maybe toyota, samsung, panasonic, nokia, etc, etc will be owned by Chinese.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 22:32:49 |Display all floors
how did this become an editors pick? xuerengui sounds like a right wing extremist, not much different from ai weiwei, liu xiao buo pushing for further privatisation in China. maybe state owned enterprise doesnt offer good customer service but it offers workers rights which is a lot more important than "customer service". if you want a Chinese samsung or toyota, then get ready to throw away all workers rights, Chinese autonomy, sovereignty, and independence. notice how japan, south korea, and taiwan are all pupet states of the usa. so yea, you want a fascist multinational corporation in China, then get ready to surrender the country of China over to corporate thugs. i'd much rather see China being independent, and sovereign rather than having greedy corporate interests take centre stage. i'd much rather use a huawei with poor battery life and guarantee the job stability of the Chinese working class than allow some crooked corporation like apple to abuse workers, and have their phony employees smile at you, while ripping you off, and stabbing you in the back.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 22:34:29 |Display all floors
attilaattila Post time: 2012-1-29 20:15
Good brands needs quality , chinese companies should be more patriotic, in that way, that they shoul ...

i';d say who in their right mind would buy a product from the usa, europe, canada, australia, japan, or south korea. all of them represent bloody imperialism and exploitation of people. anyone sick of war profiteering, cia drug trade, and imperialism in general ought to buy Chinese

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 22:38:14 |Display all floors
xuerengui Post time: 2012-1-29 18:32
re:magnetic1974

Your reply to me was in English, kind of Ironic...

xue, you reading directly out of the cia cook book or what. the europeans didnt dominate the world, they opresed 80% of the world and continue to do so. they murdered people in 80% of the world. the best solution, and only solution for you is 劳改

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-30 23:02:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-1-30 23:03

2 years ago, I was stood behind a korean businessman (suit and all) at  Incheon Airport... suddenly 3 Chinese people leapfrogged us, yammering, waving paper straight to the desk. This happened twice until the Korean businessman thought he had had enough of the terrible manners, flung his briefcase to the ground and charged forward. This happened to me in Helsinki too with another Korean! Consensus is all new to them and unable to understand the niceties of waiting in line!

Perhaps manners need to be taught first and foremost? 2ndly, I think there is about 95% literacy rate in Korea and of course human resources made up for lack of natural resources, much like Japan! It will take decades for China to get to that stage methinks but teaching etiquette is a start
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.