Views: 5772|Replies: 14

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-27 08:39:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2012-1-26 16:50

By Stephanie Pappas | LiveScience.com

There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb
according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy.
The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced
attitudes as adults. These findings point to a vicious cycle, according to lead researcher
Gordon Hodson, a psychologist at Brock University in Ontario. Low-intelligence adults tend
to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, the study found. Those ideologies,
in turn, stress hierarchy and resistance to change, attitudes that can contribute to prejudice,
Hodson wrote in an email to LiveScience.
"Prejudice is extremely complex and multifaceted, making it critical that any factors
contributing to bias are uncovered and understood," he said.

Controversy ahead
The findings combine three hot-button topics.
"They've pulled off the trifecta of controversial topics," said Brian Nosek, a social and
cognitive psychologist at the University of Virginia who was not involved in the study.
"When one selects intelligence, political ideology and racism and looks at any of the
relationships between those three variables, it's bound to upset somebody."
Polling data and social and political science research do show that prejudice is more common
in those who hold right-wing ideals that those of other political persuasions, Nosek told
LiveScience. [7 Thoughts That Are Bad For You]
"The unique contribution here is trying to make some progress on the most challenging aspect
of this," Nosek said, referring to the new study. "It's not that a relationship like that
exists, but why it exists."
-----------------------------------------------------
This explains how Republicans have managed to get elected.
The hillbilly Republicans... there is not shortage of nitwits in the USA.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 08:49:02 |Display all floors
Read the whole article and in the proper context, THEN think before forming an opinion:
http://news.yahoo.com/low-iq-con ... dice-180403506.html
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 20:20:49 |Display all floors
Can you post the full article? It is really good.

The fat guy loved by the Sinophobic West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-28 03:12:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2012-1-27 11:18

The whole article is in the link cestmoi provided.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-28 03:36:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by laowaipengyou at 2012-1-27 21:36

I had the chance to live for an extended period of time on four different societies.
Without having a college degree in sociology ... I declare that people with low levels of conventional education and limited reasoning skills .... everywhere I've been, they were racist and extremists on their views and opinions
If we all think alike .... then, nobody is thinking

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-28 03:45:31 |Display all floors
laowaipengyou Post time: 2012-1-27 11:36
I had the chance to live for an extended period of time on four different societies.
Without having  ...

The Republican party of the USA is very good at exploiting this.
It's the only way they can get elected because they really only represent the richest 1%.
Without fear mongering and appealing to the folksy views of the lower classes they
wouldn't stand a chance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-28 04:10:00 |Display all floors

Robert now you are talking about elections and electors and elected....
I will be risking now to be kidnaped by the CIA or Mossad this very night for what I'm going to write on my next sentence.

The dilemma of democracy is that 80% of the people that have the right to vote are clueless.
They do not know what are the real issues.
They vote emotionally.
They vote for a candidate or a party ..... and not for a program or set of ideas ....

I don't know what is better in order to chose a government every four years ...
Unless God Almighty will reveal himself and select for us our leaders .... I guess we will have to keep with the old system of elections, electors and elected.... or try for a while a despotic system that elects itself at will....

If we all think alike .... then, nobody is thinking

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.