Author: petreas

Marine gets only 3 months in jail for murdering two dozen civilians   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-27 06:34:22 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-1-26 23:04
Well, let's see how aiding chaos in there to harm the US will work out for China in the securement  ...

It's all going to come cleaner in the great wash, and if Chinese investments and assets in the region are going to get compromised, it is a lesson Beijing has to learn the hard way. Maybe they won't, maybe China has better foreign and trade policies which do not involve slaughter and pee-ing and defecating on dead civilians.

Ghosts of My Lai?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 07:44:44 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2012-1-26 21:26
That's your cross to bear. You reap what you sow.

Not my cross but you must see that it's wrong. The trainers are trying to help them secure their own country so they can leave. The more trainers they murder, the longer the trainers will be there. Can you not see that? I sometimes think you like it when our troops get killed. I hope like hell them I'm wrong!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 07:49:04 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2012-1-27 05:34
It's all going to come cleaner in the great wash, and if Chinese investments and assets in the reg ...

Yawn, yet another reference to a couple of reprehensible, but islotaed, incidents...acknowledging that others have happened previously. Yet another attempt to make all foreign troops fighting the terrorists all look bad instead of being objective and saying that it's just a few. It seems the Afghans don't like anybody there, and the Chinese being "godless" might be even worse for them to tolerate. Remember that religion isn't actiuvely encouraged by Gov't in China and nor are the foreign teachers allowed to speak of it...understandable in some ways but not in others!
I too hope that if China goes in and benefits from all the lives lost in the 'ghan....NATO and Afghan, that it reaps what it sows......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 08:06:54 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-27 07:44
Not my cross but you must see that it's wrong. The trainers are trying to help them secure their o ...

The trainers are not there out of the goodness of their hearts, they are there to forcefully implement their countries' policies and to make Afghans behave like you people.
Like I said, it is your cross to bear and you reap what you sow.
I encourage China not to get involved with the Teddy-Rooseveltian policy, at least not the "...big stick..." part of it. Why should we?
The consequence? It is all yours! We Chinese will have nothing to do with it.
Why should we?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 08:24:58 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2012-1-27 07:06
The trainers are not there out of the goodness of their hearts, they are there to forcefully imple ...

Then you misunderstand the role of trainers. The trainers are there to help them learn to defend and police their own land. Can you not see that?
Regarding China, well, if they can go and help in a more peaceful way. I'm all for it but I can't help but think of the Chinese character vs the Afghan character. There'll be problems there, not to mention eating pork by the Chinese "residents" etc...and that's just a start!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 08:44:14 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-27 08:24
Then you misunderstand the role of trainers. The trainers are there to help them learn to defend a ...

You misunderstand the reason behind the "investments" you lot made in Afghanistan and in the whole region. In the 1st instance you lot used the Khyber Pass to ship opium to China to undermine an already corrupt people.

Your trainers are there, as are your soldiers, to implement your policies and to shape the geopolitics to your advantage. You alienated the people and devastated their culture and their land. This is your cross to bear and yours to understand by your own standard and your weltanschauung, not by theirs and not by ours.

Do you think you can slaughter the PLA and then urinate and defecate on the PLA bodies too?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-27 08:48:37 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2012-1-27 07:44
You misunderstand the reason behind the "investments" you lot made in Afghanistan and in the whole ...

Ummm, I was deployed there twice and I'm pretty sure I don't misunderstand why we're there. I think it's often overlooked the reasons "why" rather than the results of the why and all the bad things that have happened. Coexisting with bad is good too, something conveniently forgotten in this forum!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.