Author: petreas

Marine gets only 3 months in jail for murdering two dozen civilians   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-24 19:57:47 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-24 19:28
Thanks for the site...I'll look at it for sure. I feel very strongly about this one and the people ...

It's not pretty  .........

But we do need to know in a rational light about these things  .......     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 20:01:49 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-1-24 18:57
It's not pretty  .........

But we do need to know in a rational light about these things  ....... ...

Wrong is wrong no matter who commits that wrong. This is where national boundaries no longer apply in so far as no person can, or should be, immune.. nor any country if found to be wrong....by a majority UN  quorum.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 20:54:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ronny at 2012-1-24 22:57

I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 20:56:46 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-24 22:01
Wrong is wrong no matter who commits that wrong. This is where national boundaries no longer apply ...

It doesn't help either when the US government wants it's soldiers immune to foreign laws, I am not sure how wide spread it is, but it is obvious it does not trust it's own men. I am really not sure of the motive, are they afraid it will hurt recruitment, or do they think it's OK to let them off. They obviously do not care what the world thinks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 20:58:23 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-24 19:56
It doesn't help either when the US government wants it's soldiers immune to foreign laws, I am no ...

You could well be right and that, sadly, will come back and haunt the US unless they do the right thing and makes examples of these criminals who dishonour their country and fellow service personnel.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 20:59:30 |Display all floors
It seems a bit strange to blame him for doing what he is trained to do: Kill.

Attack the institution that created him and turned him into that monster than just the person.
Serve the Emperor!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 21:02:25 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2012-1-24 22:58
You could well be right and that, sadly, will come back and haunt the US unless they do the right  ...

Most soldiers are good people, though situations can change that,  out of the few US military I have met, I only liked one, others gained varying degrees of dislike from me.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.