Author: expatter

AI Weiwei. Is This Image Art or Politics ........ ?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-24 14:47:46 |Display all floors
the mere fact that it would need an explanation makes it political, that is what politicians do, use words that mean nothing, to explain nothing, so that we remain uninformed of the true nature of the subject
Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 18:17:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by NE_Tigress at 2012-1-24 18:24
warrigal Post time: 2012-1-24 14:47
the mere fact that it would need an explanation makes it political, that is what politicians do,  ...

Rubbish is rubbish.

It can not become something else by giving it an explanation.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-24 19:23:28 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-1-24 18:17
Rubbish is rubbish.

It can not become something else by giving it an explanation.   ...

Oh .......  !

Can I take it that you voted  ......

In a negative manner then .........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 19:32:36 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-1-24 19:23
Oh .......  !

Can I take it that you voted  ......

I voted 4.  It is garbage and the message is dumb .........  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 19:55:54 |Display all floors
China does not have the obligation to stay poor in order to produce "arts" for you to marvel at.

I thought that was going to be the new push?  To promote culture and give the world something to marvel at?

As far as AWW, I put him in the same camp as Cerny.  There is obviously a following for that kind of art.

The only big difference between the two is Cerny is not treated as a traitor to his country.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 21:08:39 |Display all floors
Cerny pulled off the biggest art hoax in modern history.  What he did was actually criminal.  He took money from investors for fictitious artists that he created.  These 'artists' had profiles and comments on their 'art' which was all produced by Cerny.

I just can't believe no one found out about his art piece until the day it was installed at Brussels.

Cerny says the piece was made to see if europe could laugh at itself.  It was a very provoking piece.  The best was that UK was missing.  lol

Anyways....why can't art be political and still be art?  And who says the intentions are always malicious in nature?

Artists see the world differently than most.

Are you guys insinuating that there is someone behind him pulling the strings?  

He is some CIA 'stooge' because real artists aren't political in nature?  Says who?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-24 21:11:35 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-1-24 21:08
Cerny pulled off the biggest art hoax in modern history.  What he did was actually criminal.  He too ...

Well .........

Does the piece in this vote actually say all those things  ........     ?

Or have I missed something ........        

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.