Author: expatter

AI Weiwei. Is This Image Art or Politics ........ ?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-24 12:04:46 |Display all floors
A house full of flies, mosquitos, rats and cockroaches is no longer a decent and pleasant place to stay. Maybe Ai Weiwei want to drive us all out and let the U.S. move in?

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-24 12:25:26 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-24 12:14
Yes, right. I have wondered about Mr Ai's intention or motivation in doing this too, and found no  ...

OK .......

I haven't given my vote yet; if your poll had more options I would choose the level below the top.

I have added another option and this should be OK for both your idea and Soapdodger's  ...........

And so much art is mere reproduction and replication of the same theme in the same style.

That leads me to wonder with AWW's views on art, why he would make direct copies of the 12 Yuan Ming Yuan bronze animal heads and display them as art from AWW  .......

I mean anyone can copy. Right  ......... !?

At least the AWW picture in this poll (love it or hate it) is unique  ...........     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-24 12:27:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-24 12:21
Has it never occurred to you that the Chinese public have lost long ago the ability to make indepe ...

Um ........ ?

No ............     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 12:35:52 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-24 12:28
And you should tell us what the whole rest of the world should appreciate in contemporary Chinese  ...

I don't see any masters of art in comtemporary China yet, but you westerners  laud AWW as something sensational in China's art field is also a joke isn't it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 12:42:25 |Display all floors
In my opinion, the China today is already a great piece of art, which the whole world look up to and appreciate.

With the development of the economy, more and more people will be able to receive better education and will be able to appreciate the arts from ancient China and from around the world. Some people predict in about SEVEN years, there will be an EXPLOSION of creativity in China.

I am not sure about this. But I'll be interested to see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 13:09:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-24 12:58
So even you can't see good living Chinese art in modern China. Do you realise how negatively this  ...

In my opinion getting people out of starvation is more important than art. Arts, however excellent they are mean nothing to people with starving stomachs. Only people with no worry about their next meals can afford the luxury to spare a minute or two to appreciate arts, even if it is a painting of a nude body.    

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-24 13:51:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by NE_Tigress at 2012-1-24 13:52
seneca Post time: 2012-1-24 13:02
What you fail to understand, Nettie, is that art lives independent of politics and nationalism. It r ...

1. It rears its head in poorer circumstances more easily than in wealthy ones. Go to Thailand, the Philippines, India and marvel at THEIR ARTS! That's a riot of colours and styles quite unheard of anywhere in the world.
Copy code
China does not have the obligation to stay poor in order to produce "arts" for you to marvel at.

You can go to Thailand, Philipphines and India to marvel at their "arts" as well as their poverty and spinelessness. I know SOME OF THEM are the most marvellous entertainers in the world.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.