Views: 2296|Replies: 7

HELP: "总经济师" , English please. Chief Accountant? or Chief Economist? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-3-31 11:25:52 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-31 13:03:06 |Display all floors

FYR

in fact, the word"economist" stands for "经济学家" in Chinese. the title "经济师" is only used in China and has no corresponding word in English. in some big companies in west, there is a title known as "chief economist" which should be translated in Chinese as "首席经济学家". it acts only as a kind of senior consultant whose role in the organization is totally different from what it is for so called "总经济师" in most of Chinese companies. unfortunately however, the title"总经济师" might have to be translated in Chinese literally as "chief economist" if we have to. but such title in most cases would very likely confuse native English speakers.

by the way, "chief accountant" is "总会计师" in Chinese, which plays very different role from so called "总经济师" in Chinese companies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-31 13:06:15 |Display all floors

cool explanation.

I read a related post before.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-31 13:10:45 |Display all floors

How about " chief economic worker"?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-31 14:12:47 |Display all floors

i see, thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-31 14:28:03 |Display all floors

CEO

Hi,

It will depend on what is the specific duty associated with this tile.

I remeber this is a kind of  "designation" in China that will be rewarded to person after passing a specific exam. Actually, this is something like "Financial analyst" designation in the USA. Affixing an adjective to it, we will get: Chief Financial Analyst".

Do you like it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-31 14:34:30 |Display all floors

CFO讨论

I bet you meant CFO but not CEO
but CFO = 财务总监

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.