Author: voice_cd

Share your stories about Chinese New year?[online]   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-28 19:03:47 |Display all floors
Smiling_Angel Post time: 2012-1-28 18:59
First all of, Happy Chinese New Year to all of you I sincerely wish you have a peaceful ...

Thank you, Angel, it might be more fun if you could share with us some pictures.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-28 19:14:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Smiling_Angel at 2012-1-28 19:16
voice_cd Post time: 2012-1-28 19:03
Thank you, Angel, it might be more fun if you could share with us some pictures.

I only took several pictures. Those pictures are my mom on the vegetable field. Is it okay? haha.. but nothing related to the New Year.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-28 19:43:09 |Display all floors
Yeah!I am a Chinese.Welcome to China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-29 13:52:30 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2012-1-19 09:15
I'm headed home soon. Happy Chinese New year to all of you.

This is what my hometown was like some ...

Envy the slow, simple and peaceful life...No wonder that many photographers like it. It really manifests the pure and real human nature as well as another meaningful side of life.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-29 13:55:51 |Display all floors
billykeya Post time: 2012-1-19 13:27
I miss my childhood when my grandpa and I made popcorn  together with an old machine(showed below) f ...

Maybe we just miss ourselves that are in the childhood, when life was so innocent and easy, full of curiousity and discovery.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-29 14:07:12 |Display all floors
My Spring festival in a countryside of the middle Shandong

In my hometown, people prepare weeks for the upcoming Spring festival not only for the living but for the deceased. Traditionally, my people in that area think the deceased live in the other world and their souls would come back to celebrate the Spring Festival and enjoy the sacrifices their offsprings provide during the day of "Nian" and the first day of the Chinese new year calendar. The past would receive our sacrifices and kowtows during the two-day period. On the second day of the Chinese new year, those ancestors would be sent away with "ghost money paper" and fireworks. All the people of the clan in our village would take part in this ceremony and kowtow to the past. That also means the end of the year.

IMG_0001.jpg

People kill rooster and make it a special pattern as a sacrifice.

IMG_0003.jpg

A basic model of the rooster scarifice, which the hardest part is to make its wings out through its mouth, kind of cruel even finish it after its death.

IMG_0013.jpg

This the sacrifice table for the past ancestors, wine and tea are prepared as well as other offerings.  

IMG_0017.jpg

People of the clan burn the paper money to see off the deceased.

IMG_0023.jpg

People murmur prays to ancestors to protect the living

IMG_0034.jpg

Firecrackers are firing during the see-off ceremony.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-29 14:47:24 |Display all floors
spiderman006 Post time: 2012-1-29 14:07
My Spring festival in a countryside of the middle Shandong

In my hometown, people prepare weeks for ...

We used to make special offerings to our ancestors back in my hometown.

But as the number of older generation is fast dwindling, the tradition is no more.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.