Author: voice_cd

Share your stories about Chinese New year?[online]   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-19 13:27:34 |Display all floors
I miss my childhood when my grandpa and I made popcorn  together with an old machine(showed below) for livehood.
Now,everything seems goes well but the feelings of that age will never come again.

old popcorn machine

old popcorn machine
pass your success to the next generation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 13:29:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ronny at 2012-1-19 16:33

I will be doing very little this year, mostly because I have been invited to a wedding in China in October this year ( I have plans for 2013), the party for which will be in three towns, so I need to save my money faster than usual so I can attend.
Usually I celebrate New year with friends ( not Chinese new year) and go to China town for Chinese New year, In Australia we often have a BBQ lunch with salad and other cold dishes as it's summer or dinner,  a  keg or two of beer,  we drink, eat, drink, talk, throw up, drink some more and await the fireworks if near by, some go to the city to see the festivities and fireworks, but i prefer to spend it with friends and or family, we are not allowed to buy or use fireworks any more due to too many idiots hurting themselves or other, but we do have sparklers, which the kids especially like to have, it's the one time we willingly let them stay up late, at a few minutes before midnight we gather and do a count down for the new year, and watch the fireworks, i like to watch the kids faces as they watch the fireworks, the wonder in their eyes is great.

Aussie bird

Aussie bird
r493410_2570797.jpg
new year-sydney2009.4.jpg
images.jpg
images (20).jpg
images (19).jpg
images (18).jpg
images (17).jpg
images (16).jpg

approaching Lebeast lol

approaching Lebeast lol
images (13).jpg

Sandman

Sandman
images (11).jpg
images (10).jpg
images (9).jpg
images (8).jpg
images (7).jpg
images (6).jpg
images (5).jpg
images (4).jpg
images (3).jpg
images (2).jpg
images (1).jpg
download.jpg
An overall view of what we get up too for New Year and  Chinese NewYear.

I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 13:34:56 |Display all floors
billykeya Post time: 2012-1-19 13:27
I miss my childhood when my grandpa and I made popcorn  together with an old machine(showed below) f ...

Oh, I am touched by your words. Wish your grandfather good health, happy spring festival.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 13:39:48 |Display all floors
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-19 13:29
I will be doing very little this year, mostly because I have been invited to a wedding in China in O ...

, Ronny, pls share us with the photos. We all want to konw what spring festival in Australia is like.

For Chinese people, it's a very big day, a family reunion day, so you can see so many Chinese are going home at all costs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 14:04:08 |Display all floors
voice_cd Post time: 2012-1-19 13:34
Oh, I am touched by your words. Wish your grandfather good health, happy spring festival.

Very  appreciate for your understanding and care,happy spring festival.I hope snow when I back home 2 days later.Oh the crowded train station will drive me crazy
pass your success to the next generation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 14:07:45 |Display all floors
I will spend Chinese New Year carefully polishing and maintaining my weapons so as not to offend their mighty machine spirits. After that I will offer up praise to the God Emperor of Mankind for his beneficence before retiring to meditation and prayer.

Ave Emperator!
Serve the Emperor!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-19 14:09:04 |Display all floors
Also I hate that song "Gong xi ni fa cai" It is the most annoying song I have ever heard and yet every single supermarket plays it....non stop.

I will shoot up the next supermarket I visit
Serve the Emperor!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.