Views: 2815|Replies: 8

Delete [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-14 17:41:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SpaceAlien at 2012-1-17 16:57

Deleted for being a racist and immoral/unethical post.  Please forgive me: from now on, I will be a good and kind member.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 17:41:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SpaceAlien at 2012-1-17 15:43

Deleted for being a racist and immoral/unethical post.  Please forgive me: from now on, I will be a good and kind member.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 17:42:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SpaceAlien at 2012-1-17 15:44

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-14 20:15:49 |Display all floors
When will people stop making false claims about the Bible? Before the protestant movement almost all Christians were catholics. The Bible was not available since the printing technology (invented by China) was not available yet. Also the Bible was not widely translated and many common people were at the mercy of the pope and priests (or whatever the catholics call them). The priests exploited the people by teaching false things for monetary benefits and the pope even uses soldiers to make them go to war. Their teachings are totally false and do not represent the teachings of Jesus. Martin Luther found out and instead of conforming to the system, he opposed it. That was when people started realising the lies told to them.

Catholism today is different, thanks to the Bible now available to most people.

First, the Bible did not say the earth is flat. The Bible says the earth is round. Isaiah 40:22 "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth". Thousands of years ago, the Hebrew language use circle to also describe sphere.

Next, you cannot find anywhere in the Bible that says the earth is in the certer of the universe.

Third, before scientists discovered that the earth is suspended over nothing, the Bible already stated it to be so. Job 26:7 "He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing."
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-15 15:01:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SpaceAlien at 2012-1-17 15:44

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-16 07:48:36 |Display all floors
Falsity of religion? Religions are not scientific, but they do have some similarities.

They are based on dogma, which are articles of faith. This is like an axiom in mathematics. When you start a mathematical explanation, you start by stating your axioms, which are things that you believe to be true. So you can write a computer program, based on your mathematics, which will give you answers that rely upon your axioms.

Similarly, the religions of people are like computer programs that influence how a people behave, based on their axoims ( or in the case of religion, articles of faith ).

In the end the value of a religion can be measured by the good that it generates. Just as you might judge a computer program on the value of its output. That is, if you believe in "good". Even people who are not religious often subscribe to some moral philosophy. However, in doing so, they are merely starting from a different set of axioms, and running a different computer program.

Come to think of it... maybe religion is more like economics... there are lots of theories and lots of opinions, but ultimately you cannot prove a right answer. The most important thing is that you find a set of economic models that affect how the economy performs in the best fashion.

We do not say... "get rid of economics" because it is false, we just try to find better economic models. Maybe some religions prosper, because they help the people who adopt them. Maybe we should just be looking to make better religions, just like we seek to improve economic theories?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-16 16:49:25 |Display all floors
stevenen Post time: 2012-1-16 07:48
Falsity of religion? Religions are not scientific, but they do have some similarities.

They are ba ...

I like your perspective.  Life itself is a religion: is there a rational basis for Chinese people to continue to reproduce to continue their existence?  No: rather, there is an emotional drive, a "religious" drive, not based on reason, but on instinct, or emotion.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.