Author: mapleripple

Heavy taxation needed on cigarettes [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-11 23:14:50 |Display all floors
I have quitted smoking for 6 years.I feel healthier.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-12 06:03:55 |Display all floors
mapleripple Post time: 2012-1-11 05:48
you're right, this ain't my first quitting try either... but every past try was replacement method ...

I started smoking when I was in high school. I quit for 6 years in the 1980s; a few other times
for a year or two. I haven't had a smoke in two years now. I hope I don't cave and go back.
The last time I quit I tapered down and then would only smoke some really old cigs I had
in a drawer for emergencies. They were about a year old and stale as hell.
After puffing on a few of those I didn't even want to bother any more.
For me it's nearly impossible to stop at will but for some reason sometimes I find cigs not so
enjoyable. Those are the times I find I can quit.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-12 11:04:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-1-12 10:45
I think everybody is agreed smoking is not exactly conducive to good health. We don't need to discus ...

lucrative tobacco products were only made popular since the 1880s, anything created could be abandoned, the most dangerous thought a smoker could ever have is that smoking is a "should-be" thing, ... i had that thought before

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-12 11:53:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by username7 at 2012-1-12 11:54

You'd like this joke:
"8 years ago I developed a bad habit--smoking. My roommate developed a good habit--drinking milk. Now my health is OK but my roommate is very sick. Do you know why? cause in this country our cigarettes have no tobacco in it while the milk is toxicant."
Which country the writer refers? I won't tell you. I don't want to defame that country.

*my thread "Very Caring and Brave Chinese" in this forum is frozen by mod

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-12 12:34:49 |Display all floors
Educating the next generation is the key as was mentioned above.

It is a proven statistic that the majority of tobacco users are in fact the less educated and lower income class. Thus the majority of the taxes taken by the government come from those with less of it. That said, I believe raising taxes is right and proper in this case. As a deterrent to the next generation for the cost of smoking.

Additionally, laws prohibiting smoking in public buildings and outside of them within 15 feet of their doors should be implemented as well. All government buildings should have a ban and 100% of any hospital grounds besides inside.

All public transportation to include private taxi service. Waiting areas and ticket service areas too. Night clubs and bars as well.

You need to create a society that does not tolerate smoking or producing second hand smoke for the public. An intolerant smoking society for the next generation to grow up in.

As far as the current users, they must deal with the new regulations or quit.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.