Views: 4581|Replies: 13

CONSULTATION FOR THE ENGLISH-SPEAKING ASSOCIATION [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-10 10:45:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by mapleripple at 2012-1-10 12:43

I couldn't find a better place to share my long-time desire -- to create an English-speaking association for ethnic Chinese people in China.

In order to realize my dream of transforming China into a bilingual country, we need ambitious people to set an example. We need a group of people who are bilingual in Chinese and English, but among whom, English are used both online and face-to-face. We will be considered and labelled "strange", "showing-off guys" by the masses, but we will not stop our dream chasing.

Now, share with all of us what you think about this idea. Your words help.

51nZhjAxZbL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 11:43:23 |Display all floors
a bilingual country?
English is just a tool for us to communicate with foreingers, the aim of English-learning is to learn the strong points of western countries.
so what is your purpose of building a bilingual country?

The building of a English-speaking town in Miyun, Beijing was not approved by the local government, let alone a bilingual contry.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 12:25:14 |Display all floors
aaooq Post time: 2012-1-10 11:43
a bilingual country?
English is just a tool for us to communicate with foreingers, the aim of Engli ...

By saying "bilingual" i never mean English only, being bilingual won't in any way lead to loss of cultural identity and characteristics, Singaporean Chinese people are mostly bilingual, but have they in any sense lost their ethnic uniqueness? look at Indians as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 12:29:39 |Display all floors
Okay okay

You win!

Monolingualism for Bohai, Yangtze, Wuhan regions!
ONLY putonghua, nothing else!
No more insults! Please!

Thank you

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Enjoying Retirement Chats

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 12:40:30 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2012-1-10 12:29
Okay okay

You win!

yesterday i went to an agency asking for something, i asked her in putonghua, she replied in shanghainese, i couldn't understand it, i asked again in putonghua, she replied in shanghainese... and she was apparently pissed off...

the thing is, if you can make a putonghua only environment in places like wuhan, you're hero...

bilingual, man, never monolingual

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 13:00:41 |Display all floors
That is a way for shanghainese to piss you off that is all. They do that in sichuan but never in guangdong.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 13:02:37 |Display all floors
chinaimport Post time: 2012-1-10 13:00
That is a way for shanghainese to piss you off that is all. They do that in sichuan but never in gua ...

Let them remain MONOLINGUAL.........

......why argue! No point to discuss in detail with animals.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster
Enjoying Retirement Chats.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.