Views: 6326|Replies: 17

Questions welcome on China's Middle East Policy   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-10 10:42:07 |Display all floors
Chen Xiaodong, director general of the West Asian and North African Affairs Department of the Chinese Foreign Ministry, would come to China Daily for an interview this afternoon, January 10, 2012.  

In 2011, the bloom of protest which was called the Arab Spring led to profound change across North Africa and the Middle East.What the Arab uprisings mean to China, where China-Middle East diplomacy go?

Feel free to leave your question here, Mr Chen will have a candid exchange with the China Daily netizens.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 10:47:45 |Display all floors
Mr Chen
1 拷贝.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 11:02:56 |Display all floors
China has benefited enormously through globalisation.

It will be nice if China foreign policy is guided by the principle of globalisation, of opening up closed minds, opening up  closed societies, opening up new markets, opening up  inwards looking dictatorships. China should co-operate with anyone, any country who share the same objectives.

Not to China's long term interest to behave as if the world is still in early 20 century involved in Cold Wars and anti Imperialism wars.

but alas,  China have given the wrong signals and mixed signals on many occasions.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 11:08:38 |Display all floors
If there is a war in the Middle East, would China follow its routine road just calling for peaceful resolution as she did before or China would ally with one side? For example, will China support Iran against US and its allies once the war breaking out in the Hormuz strait as China has big stakes here.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-1-10 11:09:21 |Display all floors
I have questions:

Does China have plan to have direct talks with Hamass?

{:soso_e100:}

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-1-10 11:11:01 |Display all floors
What role will China play in the peaceful process of the Middle East?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 11:11:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vincent001 at 2012-1-10 11:12

As US-Iran tensions grow as US vowed to respond to Iran's threat to close oil tanker traffic through the strategic Straits of Hormuz, do you think there is a looming war between the US and Iran? And what would China respond if the war broke out?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.