Views: 6412|Replies: 24

Belief system   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-9 08:55:47 |Display all floors
It is ok in my book to have any belief you want, but, to be true to your belief does not mean you need to be fanatical about it, others are entitled to believe differently, their background and or culture may be so different that they cannot fathom your belief without further consideration, and this may be true of you too. when you point the bone at someone remember the bone has two ends and one end is pointing right back at you.
Belief isolationists are those that surround themselves with a belief system that they want to preserve at any cost, and sometimes that cost is a lack of real knowledge, a flimsy foundation that can only be supported if it is not questioned.
Always question your beliefs, you may be right, but you will never know for sure if you do not look at alternatives with neutral emotion.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 14:09:11 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 22:35:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by stevenen at 2012-1-10 14:36

I agree completely. One of the biggest changes that takes place to your belief system is when you move to a foreign country and learn a new language and culture. Everything that you assumed to be "right" and "normal" can changed if you can keep your mind open.

Sometimes when foreigners go to different countries, they can come to the conlusion that "there is no right or wrong, it is all relative", because they can see that what is deemed as being right in their own country is not right in the new country, and vice-versa. Any moral framework or belief system is ultimately arbitrary, in the sense that there can be no proven absolutes. The danger however is that people decide that this justifies amorality.

Ultimately, a society that believes in the pursuit of a common good, that will always in some sense require an individual curtailment of selfish activity, will always be stronger than one which does not. This is not just an opinion this is demonstrated in evolutionary simulations in the social sciences. Societies that become amoral, are subject to displacement by moral societies, as members of the amoral society are not prepared to engage in self-sacrifice and common defence. Members of moral societies are prepared to self-sacrifice for the common good, and are therefore collectively stronger.

Whilst morality is arbitrary, the effect of morality on the success of a society in competition with other societies is not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-10 23:09:26 |Display all floors
Belief isolationists are those that surround themselves with a belief system that they want to preserve at any cost,

Idealogues.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-11 19:53:33 |Display all floors
i believe belief has gotten too many people killed.i used to be pretty gullible not as much now .now i am very careful about what i believe and who i believe.
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-1-11 20:09:43 |Display all floors
scrotymcbugerba Post time: 2012-1-11 19:53
i believe belief has gotten too many people killed.i used to be pretty gullible not as much now .now ...

{:soso_e181:}especially on here Bro.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-18 05:24:36 |Display all floors
I believe in LOVE....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.