Author: freetofly

Interesting Chinglish   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-1-18 07:17:56 |Display all floors
freetofly Post time: 2015-1-18 05:17
Your wife is smart.

But you can’t expect every Chinese to be as good as your wife.

No, I have a Chinese  niece and nephew one refuses to learn English the other is now fluent both want to stay in Australia, both want to have proffessional Jobs Chinglish won't cut it in the world of business and science

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-1-18 07:18:29 |Display all floors
freetofly Post time: 2015-1-18 05:17
Your wife is smart.

But you can’t expect every Chinese to be as good as your wife.

No, I have a Chinese  niece and nephew one refuses to learn English the other is now fluent both want to stay in Australia, both want to have proffessional Jobs Chinglish won't cut it in the world of business and science

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-1-18 09:33:10 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2015-1-18 07:18
No, I have a Chinese  niece and nephew one refuses to learn English the other is now fluent both w ...

What about 200k adopted by Mr. Keating in 1989 ? Do they still speak Chinglish ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-18 10:53:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-18 11:09:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-18 16:49:46 |Display all floors
I'm just going to give a viewpoint, okay, I'm not attacking anyone. Maybe I should put this in my disclaimer.

When I think of Chinglish, I think of the English as they speak it in Singapore, how they add "la" to the end of all their sentences, along with other characteristics. I don't think of it as meaning English as spoken by ESL Chinese people worldwide. Because there is no distinguishing trait as such. And English is not widely spoken by Chinese people unless they were raised in a Western country.

I don't think you should call your version of English "Chinglish," because the term has negative connotations...you should just call it English. I have to say, I really like some Chinese people's English on here, should I name names, and I would not call it Chinglish even though it has grammatical errors. ...As long as people can understand you, it's fine!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-19 08:05:50 |Display all floors
casseopeia Post time: 2015-1-18 16:49
I'm just going to give a viewpoint, okay, I'm not attacking anyone. Maybe I should put this in my di ...

Chinglish, similar to Singlish, Hinglish et al, happened naturally. So take it naturally.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.