Views: 5908|Replies: 47

Human Rights Spin-Off [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-6 04:54:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by safaribehn at 2012-1-6 02:20

I've noticed that a lot of pro-Chinese nationalists here are speaking quite plainly out against the Declaration of Human Rights, solely based on the numerous Western led and/or supported offensives abroad that some would say are in direct conflict with the Declaration that we claim to uphold so piously. Be that as it may, Western hypocricy isn't reason good enough to negate the value and justness of the Declaration all together.

My case is therefore:

That the declartion stand on it's own regardless of what [insert government/corporation of choice here] does. People like me who honestly believe in the declaration and will defend it feircely out of principle, do not care who or what violates them or who it affects. We don't pick sides in that respect. We want a world were these principles are upholded and respected, for and by everyone, and we fight the battle on all frontiers. Feel free to call our governments out on their hypocrisies, but don't drag the Human Rights down with you unless you honestly oppose them, and if so, I would very much like to know why.

My second point is about the Universial aspect of it, and that is that a Declaration of Human Rights which isn't Universial is an oxymoron. Since we're all human, we can't have different rights and responcibilities from one another. At least not on this rudimentary level. That doesn't mean that you can't question them, but you better well have a good reason for doing so and come up with a better idea.

Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-6 07:53:30 |Display all floors
true that
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-6 08:11:10 |Display all floors
It's well and good to have a philosophical  idealism we can can all agree on, it's.  a great basis on which to begin, but, until The USA presents itself as a "working" model of that philosophy it should shine it's light inward more often, and desist on using that light for political gain, and getting everyone's eyes focused away from it'self.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-6 09:02:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by safaribehn at 2012-1-6 02:07
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-6 01:11
It's well and good to have a philosophical  idealism we can can all agree on, it's.  a great basis o ...

Why is it important to wait for the US? Do you have a specific reason why we should just crap all over it, just because we're pissed at Uncle Sam?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-6 09:13:14 |Display all floors
safaribehn Post time: 2012-1-6 11:02
Why is it important to wait for the US? Do you have a specific reason why we should just crap all o ...

No one should wait for the USA, if we wait for the USA for peace, human rights etc, we will have to wait an awfully long time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 04:13:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by safaribehn at 2012-1-7 20:34
Ronny Post time: 2012-1-6 02:13
No one should wait for the USA, if we wait for the USA for peace, human rights etc, we will have t ...

So it would seem... But that being said; there are no major powers in the world, old or otherwise emerging, that are doing a fantastic proactive job at the moment, and corporations have always played loose and fast with it. The West do however, for the most, part abide by them better than most on their own turf. At least the country I live in. As for the USA or EU, I couldn't say. There some crazy stuff going on over there...  But that doesn't make the Human Rights any less valid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-7 09:39:05 |Display all floors
safaribehn Post time: 2012-1-7 06:13
So it would seem... But that being said; there are no major powers in the world, old or otherwise e ...

Human rights is very valid....... hugely valid, but should not be diminished by politicking, nor by wagging the dog. Abuses of human rights around the world are bad enough, but when the west, who claim to be THE champions of human rights enact laws allowing themselves to by-pass these very important ideals, then there is something very terribly wrong where there should not be anything wrong. These politicians break the very laws they make and expect others to comply with.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.