Author: mapleripple

Can China become a bilingual country?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-3 23:54:24 |Display all floors
as some one whio 学习汉语  well trying hard to learn 不容易 . chinese is a wonderfull language, and should always be no one in china. but i see no harm in teaching young chinese a second language, be it Engliish, german, or spanish, we only see pefect English spoken on old BBC tv heheh so no problenms with perfect pronaciation as long as you can be understood who gives a monkey what we sound like      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-4 01:23:08 |Display all floors
Diversity and competition is good.  English will more and more incorporate Chinese phrases in the next years just as some English words have entered the Chinese lexicon.  We can expect that technology will remove the key barriers to spoken communication in the next 10 years.  With automatic translation occurring in real-time between people.  This in conjunction with new technologies to recognize mental constructs will herald a new era of deeper understanding between cultures.  

Chinese language has developed over thousands of years and is anchored by a intricate and complex symbology.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-4 01:30:16 |Display all floors
China is a unified multi-ethnic, multi-language and multi-characteristics country, China has 56 ethnicities, more than 80 tongues and more than 30 characteristics......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-4 02:14:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LCSULLA at 2012-1-4 02:14
cireswrossed Post time: 2012-1-4 01:23
We can expect that technology will remove the key barriers to spoken communication in the next 10 years.  With automatic translation occurring in real-time between people.  This in conjunction with new technologies to recognize mental constructs will herald a new era of deeper understanding between cultures
"Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation."

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-1-4 03:36:22 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2012-1-2 22:26
Not true

Depends on the person, his motivation, his talents!

My humble opinion is not true?
Maybe you are not familiar with the term 'opinion'.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-4 06:25:44 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-1-4 03:36
My humble opinion is not true?
Maybe you are not familiar with the term 'opinion'.

Easy example,
you are entitled by our western Standards to have an own Opinion, however right or false it may be.
If it differs from mine, however, your own opinion that you still may have, is most likely wrong.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-4 08:11:16 |Display all floors
weathers Post time: 2012-1-3 20:45
I don't think this is a shame. Speaking fluently a foreign language requires pains-taking efforts th ...

yeah that is very true and I know how hard it is..
LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.