Views: 24606|Replies: 79

A lack of mutual respect on these forums?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-1-2 10:06:28 |Display all floors
Today is the first time that I visited this website.

I have never had any really bad experiences in China. People generally have been kind to me. I have always treated people that I met with respect and found that it was possible to develop good relationships. I could learn about Chinese culture and the way that Chinese people think. I could learn about Chinese society, history, the problems in China and the great things. I wish that the atmousphere of this forum was more like the experience that I had when I went to China.

I have to say that this forum gives me a very bad impression. There seems to be a lack of mutual respect between foreigners and Chinese. I am not saying this to criticize Chinese people, there are many strange comments by foreigners too!

Am I alone in this perspective? Do other people think that there should be more mutual respect? Should the moderators be more active in setting the tone for this forum? Should the moderators make comments, rather than just deleting offensive texts?

What do other people think?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-1-2 10:09:24 |Display all floors
Nice first Post?  Take a Hike, you won't like it here...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-2 10:48:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by markwu at 2012-1-2 10:49
  1. What do other people think?
Copy code
I have to agree with you if only while pondering how many important discussions do not take place because of the flamebaiting and acrimonious exchanges which deflect the course of collective thoughts away from important issues needing critical thinking focus.

CD's loss.  After being here a while, i feel i may regrettably have to leave again.  At my age, it could well be permanent.  Which some may like.  But i have so much to share.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-2 18:05:30 |Display all floors
It is sad that the only other person on these forums who cares about this is thinking of leaving.

The guidelines state that the contents of these posts should not damage China’s honor, nor should they use foul language. Neither of these appear to be enforced.

This forum could have been intelligent and polite. It appears to be just another trashy bulletin board, full of comments by foreigners who would be deemed social misfits in their own countries.

If China Daily wants respectable people to visit this site, it really needs cleaning up.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-1-2 18:41:22 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2012-1-2 10:48
I have to agree with you if only while pondering how many important discussions do not take place be ...

Hmmm ....... !

I think that is the nature of many forums and I am sure that recent action by the CD has shown they are much more likely to take action and improve the situation you have outlined  ..........

I never considered yourself as someone who gets bothered by some of the more extreme members ........

And you always seem to write intelligent and literate items  ........

It will be nice to see you comment more .........

And I hope you do not disappear ........  

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-2 19:39:55 |Display all floors
every forum is like that.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-1-2 19:57:45 |Display all floors
stevenen Post time: 2012-1-2 18:05
It is sad that the only other person on these forums who cares about this is thinking of leaving.

T ...

Who is thinking of leaving?

And, they are cracking down on foul language, but the members that get caned for it don't like it. Therefore they come back with a ghost rant and rave and start pointing the finger in the wrong directions just to cause conflict. And therefore nasty posts develop.
It is a tough job for the Mod's.

I take my Grandaughter to Nursary school some days and liken it to the non stop noise from the kids there. It's not easy to control

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.