Views: 2825|Replies: 6

Wild Panda in China seen eating meat [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-12-31 04:25:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2011-12-31 17:27

I knew he wouldn't be far away{:soso_e162:}{:soso_e113:}                                                                                        ed.gif

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/8984323/Wild-panda-spotted-eating-meat-in-China.html

Captured on an infrared camera in the Laohegou forest area, the panda appears   to find a dead wildebeest in a gulley and gnaws on its bones for two hours.
Pandas are typically known to eat only bamboo shoots, but according to Chen   Youping, deputy director of Forestry Department of Pingwu County, it is not   unknown for the beasts to eat meat.

"The reason why pandas eat meat is because it used to eat meat millions   of years ago," he said.

"Now they mainly eat bamboos, but we occasionally see bones of dead animals in   pandas' excrement during our years of field work," he added.

It is the first time a panda eating meat has been clearly seen, according to   local workers in the forest area.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 09:25:44 |Display all floors
They hunt and eat the animals they kill, don't they?
If they eat the body of an already dead animal, will they get intestine and stomach problems?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-12-31 10:45:08 |Display all floors
I have been known to eat vegetables before but nobody has yet to document that.  
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-12-31 13:30:12 |Display all floors
That would be Z2 veggies.....A Chinese speciality
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 13:33:50 |Display all floors
One thing about Z2, I never think later on 'Wow, I could've had a V8'
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-12-31 13:35:52 |Display all floors
I got my horns and toe nails trimmed today
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 13:38:43 |Display all floors
Z2 brought blood two times in a row doing that.
The third time I told her to be extra careful this time.
Oh sure, she can laugh! {:soso_e126:}

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.