Views: 6871|Replies: 19

Official warns China to face more Wukan-style protests [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-29 00:17:20 |Display all floors

Premier Wen vows to share profits of rural land seizures with farmers
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/china/national-news/2011/12/28/327260/Premier-Wen.htm

O'h!!! The Beijing leadership are such softies... In my neck of [the Canuck woods], if City Hall wants your property, it's fair market value like it or not.  The bylaws...  Yes, there is such a thing known as "Governmental By Law"... You just can't stand on the way of progress "no matter how greedy you are".  

Oh well... One responsible citizen just doesn't equal to another irresponsible and greedy citizen I guess and that trait is very very much built into us -- the Chinese animal in us that is...

Official warns China to face more Wukan-style protests
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/china/national-news/2011/12/28/327255/Official-warns.htm

You bet there'll be further troble if this is kind defiant and irresponsible activity is permitted to continue in contradiction to the laws of the land...  It is exactly what the West and the traitors in our midst hopes for and, the laws of China must not be permitted to yield any such law defying demands... Call it or envision it [the matchstick to ingnite the Jasmne/Chinese Arab Spring/second coming of the failed TAM uprising] if you will!!! The Chinese leadership seems so fearful of these protests that my bet is that they will relent to and kowtow to these wreckless behavoral groups and characters, my opinion...

We were a feudal, backward, and weak country, and people, in the 1800 and 1900's. We're still that spineless, and g*tless weakling even though it's the year 2011 today and even though we have laws in China now-a-days and a no frill military establshment that makes us distinct from what we were in 18 & 1900's...

Laws!  Yes, we have laws in China just as there are laws in every other countrydesigned to maintain peace and to uphold the laws of the land so why aren't we putting this law to work which is what laws are for???
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-29 05:31:46 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 00:08:55 |Display all floors
saltandpepper Post time: 2011-12-28 13:31
Like they said, give them an inch they take a mile.

The law of the land and her modernization an ...

>>>the law of the land and her modernization an ...<<<

like i said, in my neck of the woods, if city hall want your property, like it or not it's city hall's property or you'll be bounded and dragged outta there like an animal come vacating due date -- it's the [city's bylaws]... i mean isn't there also city bylaws in chinese towns and cities???  

zero tolerance my stance... progress and the nation must be first priority... sadly however, what can we say if our citizens are an under educated bunch such that they know not right from wrong or what are' the meaning of the term 'city's bylaw"??? sadly, these undereducated's only have the intelligence to listen to gossips, tales, falsehoods, and as such they are easily sold by their far more educated and more law abiding counterparts in HK, TW who put them through all of this...

dumb uneducated people is just that you know -- dumb uneducated people and we have plenty such in china...
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 03:49:13 |Display all floors
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-31 05:12:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by edisonone at 2011-12-30 13:14
saltandpepper Post time: 2011-12-30 11:49
China is what she is today because she executed the principle by DENG,

Economic development is the  ...

China is what it is today [not purely because of Deng's road map for China]. More rather, I'd like to think that it was more our time to shine rather than that it was anyone's credit.

My read is this: Japan was getting a little over its head and she was threatening to challenge the Americans economically and technically and America just wasn't going to permit that. Protectionism thus sets in. Industries, outsourcing of manufactured goods, investments, started flowing first to tiny HK, then TW, Singapore, and finally Korea instead of Japan. But inflation as always is the culprit. It was getting expensive hence unprofitable in these what were known economically as 4 little tigers of Asia. A new source of Mfg has to be had. China's cheap labor and tax free land cost was an offer no one can refuse. Investment started flowing in and she become the super giant she is today.

The opening up of China in an economically challenging time and environment was 時也運也 [translated: was China's turn to shine]. It could have and would have materialized just as efficiently if under Zhao or some other head of State. Jiang Zhimin, my thinking, contributed even more so than Deng did...

And, if we apply any credit, it must be noted that Mao, and Zhou, definitely are the one's deserving of the credit for modern China cos without their leadership, we still be the feudal society we were in the 18 and 19 hundreds...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-1 03:58:21 |Display all floors
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-1-1 04:00:36 |Display all floors
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.