Author: machjo

English and racism. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-4-24 10:02:44 |Display all floors

can you help me?

i am a adult, and work for investment bureau.i must speak english.i have learned College Interview English book 1-6,but now i wonder i don't know english at all. i will give off and wondering what useful it is learning english. who can encourage me?who can help me? i will split away!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-24 16:21:01 |Display all floors

English and racism

It is really an interesting topic. Concerning the global use of English, there are two major opinions: One is that only standard English should be taught and used internationally, this view is called deficit view or the Quirk view. The other view holds that local standards should be studied and used. This is called Liberation view, also the Kachru view.

Native English speakers might be for the Quirk view as the teaching of standard English is a big business for native English speaking countries, while the Kachru view might be more acceptable to the countries where English is widely used, such as India, Africa,etc.

Well, I hope that I make myself clear. I am an English major at BFSU.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-24 16:55:18 |Display all floors

Enlighten a bumpkin.........

.........who can't DIFFERENTIATE between a "g" and a "d" and who still has the nerve to tell others to "learn to read"? You must be kidding! Heck! I'd rather spend time teaching my dog, it's a hell of a lot smarter!!!

Why not just go back to a**kissing to your white SAHIBS, farto BHAI??

Use magic tools Report

bossel has been deleted
Post time 2004-4-26 08:58:07 |Display all floors

To quote you again, frato Temico...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

bossel has been deleted
Post time 2004-4-26 09:09:09 |Display all floors

man-learning

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-26 18:43:46 |Display all floors

"HINDLISH"[sic]"???

Type "Hindlish" in any search engine and see if it is "[sic]"!

Alas, this HINDLISH-yapping bumpkin will NEVER learn, NO?? (ha ha ha.................)

Use magic tools Report

bossel has been deleted
Post time 2004-4-29 09:06:56 |Display all floors

Did it, frato Temico...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.