Views: 4709|Replies: 12

Iceland recognizes state of Palestine--XINHUA [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-18 09:58:40 |Display all floors

BEIJING, Dec. 17 (Xinhuanet) -- Iceland has become the first Western European country to formally recognize the Palestinian Territories as an independent state. The announcement was made by Iceland’s Foreign Minister, in the presence of his Palestinian counterpart.

Ossur Skarphedinsson, Iceland's Foreign Minister said, "This is the day when we formally submit to you our declaration where we say that Iceland recognizes the full sovereignty of the Palestinian people of Palestine on the basis of the borders pre 1967. And Iceland didn’t only talk the talk, we walked the walk, we stood by our word, we have supported the Palestinian cause and today will not be the end of that. We will continue to do so."

Riad Malki, Palestinian Foreign Affairs Minister, said, "Allow me to say that this important recognition will have very positive implications in terms of helping us achieve peace. Given the fact that Iceland is the first country among the countries of western and northern Europe to recognize the state of Palestine, it will surely have a positive influence on other states to follow the same steps."

Thursday’s announcement comes three months after the Palestinians began to seek full membership in the UN. Earlier in November, Iceland’s parliament voted in favour of recognizing the state. Most Eastern European countries have already recognised Palestine. Israel and the US oppose any recognition of a Palestinian state not resulting from negotiations. Washington’s major Western European allies share this position.

(Source: cntv.cn)

Special Report: Palestine-Israel Conflicts

Single choice vote, There are a total of 5 people participating in the poll
20.00% (1)
80.00% (4)
0.00% (0)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-18 12:41:18 |Display all floors
wow slow down dude topic is Palestine not apartheid state of Israel.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-18 15:08:45 |Display all floors
come on Palestine
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-18 15:35:00 |Display all floors
I thought the global warming was melting Iceland? Well if they plan to do this they better hurry. I can see the Philistines all cheering over this news, only to hear next month that Iceland has melted away and is no longer there.

Iceland

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-18 16:27:19 |Display all floors
Iceland suffered immensely under kike banksters and swindlers , this decision is logical outcome of  injustice and suffering imposed on Iceland by kike banksters.

Iceland also gave residence to great antizionist Bobby Fisher , Bobby is legend as we all know best chess player in a world ….................RIP Bobby , world will never forget your great humanitarian work and your great soul.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-21 19:41:44 |Display all floors
Great News

I hope others follow.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-21 19:43:19 |Display all floors
Bobby Fischer

Iceland also gave shelter to the courageous Chess genius Bobby Fischer.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.