Views: 4941|Replies: 10

12-year-old girl's speech [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-16 11:36:05 |Display all floors
To remember, to let go, and to move on.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-12-16 20:17:54 |Display all floors
I also copied this vedio in this forum months ago.

hehe, Maybe, decades later, She would become an excellent politician.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-17 04:07:01 |Display all floors
I think it is great, the look of shame on the adults faces as she spoke to them was great.
Unfortunately most if not all will go home and do nothing.
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-18 15:52:12 |Display all floors
well, I think she is a brave and inteligent young person. The speach has been recorded. We are her witnesses. What will we do as a collective. We now have the "99%" protesting world wide, is this the start of the NEW WORLD COOPERATIVE we all crave?
Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2014-10-16 10:15:06 |Display all floors
Touching speech, inspiring thought.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-16 14:50:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-16 15:19

Tears swelled up in my eyes when I watched this short video clip...

The speech of the 12-year-old is a detergent to hearts, and voice to wake up the numb mind of people... I was also reflecting on myself...

Her mentality is way precoctious than her peers, and much mature than many adults who are virtually juvenile.

I am very curious about two things:

- How can she have such profound thoughts and clear-sighted perspective about the issues from pollution, poverty, wars being a 12 -year-old?

- Since she mentioned she has no agent behind her, how could an oridinary kid be able to deliver a speech at the UN meeting?
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-16 14:59:20 |Display all floors
I will watch it again, and again, and again!!!
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.