Views: 1007|Replies: 4

Attack in Belgium leaves 5 dead, 122 wounded‎ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-14 08:53:11 |Display all floors
For those who claim one country is safer than another, there is always a darker reality there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 12141.jpg

LIEGE, Belgium - A man armed with grenades and an assault rifle attacked holiday shoppers Tuesday at a central square in the Belgian city of Liege. Five people died, including the attacker, and 122 others were wounded, officials said.

It was not immediately clear what motivated the attack in the busy Place Saint-Lambert square, the central entry point to downtown shopping streets in the city in eastern Belgium. The attack prompted hundreds of shoppers to stampede down old city streets, fleeing explosions and bullets.

Interior Ministry official Peter Mertens said the attack did not involve terrorism but did not explain why he thought that.

Belgian officials identified the attacker as Norodine Amrani, 33, a Liege resident who they said had done jail time for offenses involving guns, drugs and sexual abuse. He was among the dead, but Liege Prosecutor Danielle Reynders told reporters it was unclear if he committed suicide or died by accident. He did not die at the hands of police, she said.

The other dead were two teenage boys, 15 and 17, and a 75-year-old woman, she said. The La Libre newspaper reported that a 2-year-old girl was clinging to life.

12142.jpg

12143.jpg

12143.jpg
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-14 09:55:43 |Display all floors
That's a grenade? Looks like it is safer here in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-14 13:56:28 |Display all floors
I heard on news that he commit suicide and did this to revenge on unfair accusation?

is grenade open to trade in public?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-15 13:10:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by superkylin at 2011-12-15 13:10
seneca Post time: 2011-12-15 10:09
And what might these"unfair accusations" havebeen???

The man was a Moroccan immigrant.

snakey...now i believe, you do not only work as master expert in english ....
you also have mighty eyes that see through all things one earth!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-16 10:59:26 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2011-12-15 21:03
Quel charabia! Qu'est-ce que tu me racontes???

I simply READ UP in European media outlets before ...

And...do you believe in the media?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.