Views: 5927|Replies: 1

【解答美国英文论坛母语者的提问】: [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-9 22:44:45 |Display all floors
[This post was edited by 作英语的主人 at 2011-12-11 16:42]

Hi, This sentence, especially the underlined part, really troubles me.It could hardly be necessary for me, in the very outset of this address, to disclaim all disposition to offensive personalities.  Can somebody help?Thanks very much.
Answer:Hi,[It could hardly be necessary for me, in the very outset of this address, to disclaim all disposition to offensive personalities. ]rephrased : It hardly needed for me, to disclaim all characters which make a particular person who is offensive. That stands for I will take the fact of  that one has all disposition to / in favor of offensive personalities.  
再问:Thank you all very much. Is "disclaim...to..." a phrase?
再答:No, it is not a phrase! (all disposition to offensive personalities)But it (the preposition-to) is simply to be used to show a relationship between [all disposition] and [offensive personalities] and it (the preposition-to) shows "so as to form".

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2011-12-10 00:04:50 |Display all floors
rephrased : It hardly needed for me, to disclaim all characters which make a particular person who is offensive. That stands for I will take the fact of  that one has all disposition to / in favor of offensive personalities.

Was this YOUR reply in a 美国英文论坛 responding to a 母语者的提问?  Incredible!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.