Views: 10225|Replies: 17

China executes female gangland prostitution ringleader [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-12-8 09:30:41 |Display all floors

The female head of a gangland prostitution ring in Chongqing in south-west China has been executed, Chinese media say.

Wang Ziqi was convicted in 2010 of luring hundreds of women to beauty salons or hotels and forcing them into prostitution.
She and her sister seized the women's identity cards or ruined their reputations, reports said.
Chongqing has been the scene of a drive against corruption and organised crime.
A court in the huge metropolis in south-west China sentenced Wang Ziqi to death in August 2010 after convicting her of organising and leading a criminal organisation.
She and her sister Wang Wanning would control the women by such methods as seizing their identity cards, confiscating their earnings and detaining them illegally, according to cqnews.net, a website that belongs to the official Chongqing Daily.
Wang Ziqi is one of many gang members to have been sentenced to death or executed in Chongqing since 2009.
Chongqing's Communist Party chief, Bo Xilai, has been waging a high-profile campaign in the city to smash corruption and criminal gangs.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-12-8 09:31:49 |Display all floors
_57189678_12948947_11n-1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 10:46:03 |Display all floors
HE female head of a gang that forced hundreds of women to work as prostitutes has been executed, China's state media says.

Some of the gang's victims died or went mad.

Wang Ziqi, who ran the gang in the southwestern city of Chongqing, was sentenced to death in August 2010. Her subsequent appeal failed and she was put to death today, the China News Service reported.

Her gang reportedly operated brothels under the guise of teahouses, beauty salons or hotels.

According to previous media reports, Wang ran the gang with her sister Wang Wanning, who fled abroad but was caught and brought back to China in April. Two other sisters were also involved.

From 1994 to 2009, the gang forced more than 300 women looking for employment at local jobs markets into prostitution. The victims were lured to the beauty salons or hotels, reported cqnews.net, a website that belongs to the official Chongqing Daily.

The sisters controlled the women by using methods such as "seizing their ID cards, ruining their reputations, harming their family members, confiscating the money they earned and detaining them illegally", the cqnews.net report said.

The gang also arranged for designated people to teach the women the "skills" of prostitution, it added.

The women had to work even when they had their period or after they had undergone forced abortions. Otherwise they risked being beaten and put in a dark room for days without food.

Seven of the women died in mysterious circumstances, the report said.

In 2003, one woman jumped from the eighth floor of a teahouse and was paralysed. Even so, she was kept locked up until she was released by police in September 2009, it added.

Wang Ziqi is one of many gang members to have been executed in Chongqing as part of a crackdown on graft and organised crime Chongqing in 2009 and 2010.

It is unclear if her sister has also been put on trial.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 19:59:59 |Display all floors
Dead now huh?

So sad. . . . not!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 20:50:05 |Display all floors
lotusfly7 Post time: 2011-12-8 19:59
Dead now huh?

So sad. . . . not!

Yes, very sad.
The year before I would have preferred.
Bo Xila, is a good man.  
I remember the book about Jimmy Irish - Alone Against the Mafia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 20:59:26 |Display all floors
Zhongdiang Post time: 2011-12-8 20:50
Yes, very sad.
The year before I would have preferred.
Bo Xila, is a good man.  

I concur; my meaning was the same, but with sarcasm. Something learned from the westerns.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-8 21:35:09 |Display all floors
lotusfly7 Post time: 2011-12-8 20:59
I concur; my meaning was the same, but with sarcasm. Something learned from the westerns.

Lotus,  I did get your sarcasm.
But it was such a perfect entry point that I couldn't refuse

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.