Views: 8130|Replies: 3

Alibaba negotiating total Yahoo buyout: But, is a .com really worth it??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-12-6 03:45:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by edisonone at 2011-12-5 11:46

Alibaba negotiating total Yahoo buyout

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90778/7665973.html

Excerpt:

Alibaba Group and Softbank Corporation are reportedly in advanced talks with Blackstone Group and Bain Capital about making a bid for all of Yahoo. According to a Reuters report, the Alibaba-led group plans to buy Yahoo in its entirety for about 20 dollars per share, instead of only buying a minority stake as previously reported. Blackstone and Bain Capital are said to have agreed to cooperate with Alibaba in this regard.

The manager of Alibaba's public relations department declined comment about this bid, while Sina Tech reported that Alibaba spokesman John Spelich denied any finalized plan to buy Yahoo, saying, "Alibaba Group has not made a decision to be part of a whole-company bid for Yahoo."

Comments:

But, is it really worth the big bucks?  

First of all, unlike Google & Microsoft,
there's no tech to be had with a .com such as Yahoo
so can we call it impulsive shopping???

And, are we replicating America's .com fanaticism
and hence, ultimately, its .com bubble of 2001 as well because
of our irrational and impulsive spending behaviors?  

I lost my pants in that sneaky wall street
one and I warn Chinese investors to take good and safe care of
their hard earnt reminbi or their HK dollar...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-6 04:51:53 |Display all floors
tl;dr,is either one worth it?No.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-10 18:25:23 |Display all floors
Yahoo? waste of money, Google? CIA tool
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-10 18:32:41 |Display all floors
I can only assume the people of alibaba knows what is good for their business.

As for yahoo, maybe i've visited the site a couple of times in my 15 or so years of internet use.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.