Views: 3438|Replies: 14

What's the worst injury you've sustained? and how did you come by it? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-12-4 18:15:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2011-12-5 16:03

I have never broken a bone but ed.gif

I ripped the top inner part of my right leg open when I was 12YRS OLD. 10" scar,
It was the day my parent moved from Hackney, to Chelsea in London. I remember it well. As my parents were telling the removal men where to put furniture etc, my Mother told my Brother and I to keep out the way so we don't get hurt and play in the garden. It was great, a bigger garden than we had in Hackney.
There was a clothes line post at the end of the garden, so I just had to show off to my brother I could climb to the top. I did and slid down after, just to rip my leg open on the concrete base  
I do recall my Father shoving me into his car and shouting at my Mother not to get blood on the seats as he drove back to Hackney Hospital. I thought he was more worried about his car than me.{:soso_e115:}

My Father is 89 soon and it was only two months ago I got him to move from there nearer to me. Last week he talked about this 'event' laughing this time. But he said I WASN'T LAUGHING WHEN IT HAPPENED{:soso_e101:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-4 18:33:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by CystalLove at 2011-12-4 18:34

Parents' love is always the greatest love in the word. But fathers always hide their love in heart, never said it out. Father's love is like mountain. We should spare more time accompanying them when they get old.
BTW, I grow up healthily, I couldn't rememver any injury in my life.
To remember, to let go, and to move on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-4 20:40:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lotusfly7 at 2011-12-4 20:42

Let's see. . . . was it when I stepped on that nail and it went through the bottom of my foot out the top??? No. . . when my finger tip was smashed off, but sown back on??? No. . . maybe being bit by a rabid animal and getting the rabbi shots in time???? No. . . . then perhaps being bit by the posioness spider and almost loosing that limb??? No. . . . the compound fracture in that little mishap??? No. . . . maybe when I got carbon monoxide poisoning from that faulty boiler flue and the only reason I made it out to fresh air was when I passed out my head hit the floor so hard it caused me to regain consciousness and I crawled out the door.

I would have to say being dropped as a baby so many times.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2011-12-4 20:43:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by MisterPanda at 2011-12-4 20:43
CystalLove Post time: 2011-12-4 18:33
Parents' love is always the greatest love in the word. But fathers always hide their love in heart,  ...

"arents' love is always the greatest love in the word"

Could you please refrain of expressing such stereotypes please ? Not everybody had a nice carebear childhood and reading this kind of stupidity just makes my hairs stand straight on my body.

As for the OP's question, I broke pretty much all the bones in my body but the most painful injury I ever had was when I tore my crossed ligaments in my left knee. It was in January 2004 and I still feel pain to this day when I stand too long
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-4 20:47:54 |Display all floors
lotusfly7 Post time: 2011-12-4 20:40
Let's see. . . . was it when I stepped on that nail and it went through the bottom of my foot out th ...

Your life is so colorful

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-12-4 20:56:37 |Display all floors
CystalLove Post time: 2011-12-4 18:33
Parents' love is always the greatest love in the word. But fathers always hide their love in heart,  ...

Good imput Crystal thanks

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-4 21:04:53 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2011-12-4 20:43
"Parents' love is always the greatest love in the word"

Could you please refrain of expressing suc ...

What I want to express is my freedom, I fell sorry for you if you have a bad childhood.
That explains why so many cry boys in forum.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.