Views: 4272|Replies: 1

iPhone 'fire' on plane [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-11-29 19:09:23 |Display all floors

Australian air safety officials have launched an investigation after an airline passenger's Apple iPhone apparently caught fire during a flight.

Local airline Regional Express said the phone began glowing red and emitting dense smoke after the plane landed in Sydney on Friday.

Flight attendants had to douse the phone, which has since been handed to investigators.

Officials said they would be consulting Apple as part of their inquiry.

"We have no previous records of iPhones undergoing spontaneous  self-ignition," a spokesman for the Australian Transport and Safety Bureau (ATSB) told AFP news agency.

"We do have the phone, it's in our custody, and we will be undertaking a technical examination of it."
        Apple said it was looking forward to working with the investigators.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-29 21:03:58 |Display all floors
the spirit of “iphone” is very worth to be praised. though they have a problem which  looked  from surface as if joking,they indicate a sincerity and are willing to investigate with the accuser.surrounding this case,i recall our government . for instance, the previous bullet-train accident,our offical deed didn;t make me see theri cares and sympathies. the weak didn't receive governments' help,but treated unfairly.speak to here, i have no words to say for our governments.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.