Views: 13745|Replies: 23

Mom, only you would appreciate me!(a great mother and her ADHD son)   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-11-22 16:18:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by CystalLove at 2011-12-4 21:29

Mom, only you would appreciate me!
First time parent meeting, the kindergarten teacher said: "Your son has ADHD, he can not even sit still for 3 minutes on the bench, you'd better take him to the hospital to see a doctor."
On the way home, her son asked her what the teacher said, her nose a sour, almost to tears, 30 children in class, he is the worst, only for him, the teacher showed disdain. However, she told her son, "the teacher praised you and said the baby you had not sat on the bench for one minute, but now you can take three minutes, the other moms are envy of me, because only baby you step forward in the class".
That night, was her son's first time to eat two bowls of rice, and did not let her feed.
Son in elementary school, at the parent meeting, the teacher said, "There are  50 students in the class, your son ranked No. 40 in this math test, we suspect that some obstacles on his intelligence,you'd better take him to the hospital to see a doctor."
On the way home, she shed tears, however, when she returned home, talking to his son in front of the table, "Teacher have confidence in you, he said, you are not a stupid child, as long as careful, you will surpass your desk classmate, he ranked No.21 this time".
Said this, she found her son's dark eyes suddenly filled with luster, frustrated face was suddenly unfold. She even found her son was very gentle that night and surprised her , more grown up. The next day , more early to be at schoolthan usual.
Son on the junior high school, another parent meeting. She sat in her son's seat, waiting for the teacher point her son's name, because every time parents meeting, her son's name in the ranks of poor students. However, beyongd her expectations, she didn't hear his son's name pointed from A to Z.She didn't get used to that. Parting, ask the teacher, the teacher told her, "according to the performance of your son now, there will be a bit risk to Key high school."
With her ​​feelings of surprise out of school, then found his son waiting for her. Leaning on her son's shoulders on the road, there is a strange sweet in heart. She told her son, "the class teacher are very satisfied with you , he said, as long as you work hard, it's possible to be admitted to key high school."
Graduated from high school, and when the first university issued a notice,  the school call her son  to go to school, she had a premonition that her son was admitted to Tsinghua University, because she once said to her son, she believed he could make it.
Son came back from school, put a seal, Tsinghua University Admissions Office Speedpost handed her hand. Suddenly turned and ran to his room and burst into tears, weeping, said, "Mom, I know I am not a clever boy, but, in this world only you would appreciate me," At this time, she was bitter and sweet, no longer restrain ten years' of tears gathered in the heart , let it drop to  the envelope in hands.
To remember, to let go, and to move on.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-11-23 13:32:37 |Display all floors
Chinese Moms should learn from her. I'm sure many Moms would have adopted to other parenting methods.

Chinese parents would beat or criticize their children for poor grades.

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-24 11:31:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by CystalLove at 2011-11-24 11:31
DSseeing Post time: 2011-11-23 13:32
Chinese Moms should learn from her. I'm sure many Moms would have adopted to other parenting methods ...

This story happend in China indeed. I saw the moving article and then translated it to English.
But it's true most mom can't make it. Poor chinese exam system.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-11-24 11:42:22 |Display all floors
Here in the US he would most likely be given a bunch of prescription drugs and if that
didn't make him "normal" he would be put in a special school.
We have many, many special education teachers over here.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-24 12:21:50 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2011-11-24 11:42
Here in the US he would most likely be given a bunch of prescription drugs and if that
didn't make h ...

Will that hurt their self-esteem,and make the child feel self-contemptuous?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2011-11-24 12:35:07 |Display all floors
CystalLove Post time: 2011-11-23 20:21
Will that hurt their self-esteem,and make the child feel self-contemptuous?

I imagine it would. How would you feel if you were a kid and your mother
gave you medication and sent you to a special school because you didn't fit in?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-11-24 12:37:52 |Display all floors
DSseeing Post time: 2011-11-23 13:32
Chinese Moms should learn from her. I'm sure many Moms would have adopted to other parenting methods ...

You're a hard-working poster here. well done on the transtation!
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.