This post was edited by izidental at 2011-11-22 14:46|
Some customers always ask me the ways to maintain their dental handpiece. Usually I suggest them to read and follow the manufacturesinstructions before use. And here, I write some details on dental handpiecemaintenance.
1. Check whether there is an aging or rust on the watersystem pipes, rust, or any foreign body inthe water pipes.
2. Check whether the compressed air produced by theair compressor is clean; please remember that there should not be anylubricating oil and water in the compressed air.
3. Before using different dental handpiece, you should adjust the pressure gauge correctlybased on the pressure range written on the instruction. Pressure istoo high or too low will shorten the life of handpiece.
4. Add some cleaning oil twice a day. Select the proper injector.
5. Add cleaning oil before autoclave, and expel the dirty and foreign mattersin the handpiece, then put into the autoclavable bags. 132° disinfection set for 15 minutes; 123° disinfection set time of 20 minutes.
6. Never immerse the dental handpiece into the acid disinfectant solution; otherwiseit will seriously damage the collet and the handpiece’s internalstructure.
7. Wipe ALL threads on ALL equipment weekly with adrop of lube on a lint-free cloth: save the hassles of frozen-on-tools
8. Don’t collect on the Medical Education Network in the case of no contacts.
9. Not to bump and drop. If the situation mustcorrect cylinder head and replace the folder beforeusing.
10. Different from other dental equipment, handpiece can not be cleaned by ultrasonic cleaner.