Author: cindy1225

Should schools be allowed to punish students with bad grades?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-9 19:00:40 From mobile |Display all floors
Knowledge can change children's fate. But the TEACHER change children's psyche. Failure education for present situation .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-15 05:35:50 |Display all floors
lotusfly7 Post time: 2011-11-18 14:08
The incident you cite I do not agree with placing the children out in the cold or other cases punish ...

separating the children who creat a disruptive class environment from the other children who want to learn is appropriate!  i don't agree with you ,  it makes  "excellent" student who are good at academics  snobbish , make them ignore most precious thing such as friendship , offering happiness, naivety .  those who create a disruptive class environment also have merit that is worthy to learn, such as they are more humorous, they are more modest, they are more active when making friends , activeness is a very important thing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-15 06:27:42 |Display all floors
when adult beat children for a reason, the children just learn that violence is the way to solve problem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-24 23:49:23 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-24 23:49:59 |Display all floors
rubbish thread, impractical

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-30 11:47:06 |Display all floors
Children who are disruptive should be sent out of the classroom.  But, punishment won't help children learn.  Psychology studies show that positive reinforcement is stronger than negative reinforcement.  That should be the first resort.  I only send children out when they are extremely disruptive (won't stop fighting for instance), and it is only for the period.  Then they come back, and we try again.  A little boy was always disruptive in my class.  I finally said to him that I understood he loved me and was naughty because he wanted attention.  He said yes.  
We need to be careful that we are not teaching children to be naughty by giving attention only when they are naughty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-31 21:45:07 |Display all floors
nl20051405 Post time: 2011-11-18 16:13
A good school may influence a student's whole life, especially for those eager to get advanced educa ...

I come from country ,reading is the only way for us to get out of the poor villege.Teachers all want us to study hard and they often punish those who don't study hard.I used to study badly, but after punished by my teacher stutied hard and get into college.I thanks my teacher very much.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.