Views: 30740|Replies: 53

Rich oversea Chinese are returning home [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-11-14 20:33:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-14 20:36:08 |Display all floors
you do not home your home in china. the commie government can take it at any time they want to.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-15 05:24:40 |Display all floors

Reply #1 magnetic1974's post

The very fact that your friend returns to China after all these years, is

enough to say that his going away was a mistake in the first place!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-15 08:00:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by magnetic1974 at 2011-11-14 20:33
Back in late 2003 I had one friend that his family own the business in US, but they are returned home, his family builts the seven story house near Fuzhou city. I asked him why don't you stay in US ...

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-15 11:29:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by magnetic1974 at 2011-11-14 20:33
Back in late 2003 I had one friend that his family own the business in US, but they are returned home, his family builts the seven story house near Fuzhou city. I asked him why don't you stay in US ...

The first point to mention about your post is a house in the US or anywhere else in the West. Property tax has already begun in China...I read it's in a "pilot project" in a few cities, so expect it to be universal in a few years here.

My wife emigrated from China 22 years ago. Though we moved back here 3 years ago to manage our business here, I have been involved in personal and business relationships with Chinese expats for many years. Few of them want to move back to China, and those who do tend to be middle aged men who had good jobs in China but could not find work of equal status or pay. I know a few Ph D's who are waiters and factory workers, and not too happy about that. Usually, their wives want to stay, and some marriages have ended in divorce with the husband moving back here to China.

I think many people here don't realize that most Chinese immigrants live in the same neighborhoods (immigrants from other countries, as well as people of the same ethnic group live similarly), and have many of the amenities from here available to them, especially in "Chinatown". As hard as it is for many patriotic Chinese to accept, the standard of living in the West is incomparably higher than what the extreme majority here experience. Educational possibilities are greater, no limits on the number of children a family can have, a wide social safety net, a much cleaner environment, parks where kids can play on toys that are free... China has a long way to go to attract expats to return home.

The last point to make about the above post, if you think that urban US is white man's country, I suggest either you didn't live there, or you're bitter about not adapting to life there. If you had said life there was okay but you missed your homeland so you moved back...that I would believe.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2011-11-15 12:38:05 |Display all floors
Magnetic keeps saying how the chinese are much smarter than every other race on the planet but I don't undertand how, after living in the US for more than 20 years, his english can be so bad ?

I'm just a caucasian, so pretty dumb by magnetic's standards, and I never lived in an english speaking country. Worse even, I'm french, we are notoriously famous for being bad at english. Still, my english is better than magnetic's, a chinese (the smartest, most handsome, brightest people on earth) having lived in the US for 20 years.

I guess I must be some kind of super genius or something. Or magnetic is a super doofus. One or the other, I'm not sure

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-15 13:22:52 |Display all floors
I think not all Chinese get homesick, just some - that depends on personality.
One of our Chinese employees who emigrated from China, for instance, would never even think of returning. He can't bear the Chinese food standard at all now and always gets sick when he goes to see his family, so that he hardly ever visits them.

Another Chinese family I know was in a diffrent situation - their child grew up here and didn't like living in China at all, as he felt the country was too undeveloped. When his family moved back and he had to live in Beijing, he got depressed and annoyed by the conditions there - and moved back to Europe to live here. All alone - without his family. For him, Europe was his home and he couldn't connect to China at all....

So I guess some people just get homesick, some don't...
For me personally, it's hard to ever get homesick. When I moved to China, for instance, I was only a little homesick at the beginning until I physically adapted to the food standards in China and didn't get sick from the food there anymore. Afterwards, I didn't feel any homesickness. For me, it's important that I can do what I want to do - and there are many interesting things to do in diffrent countries.

However, as for the statistics, it seems to be like many people who got rich in China move abroad, try to integrate and some just fail to do so. Some can't make friends abroad and always feel they're not at home, some some can't find a job and use up their money... those people return back home after a while. But some of those who move abraod quickly make new friends, invest their money well and find an interesting job abroad, therefore may adapt perfectly to the new conditions. Such flexible people are capable of making the best out of their new situations and profit very much from their decision to move abroad as they have the chance to learn to see the world from a diffrent perspective.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.