Author: expatter

Rogues Gallery: Ai Weiwei ...........   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-11-11 20:34:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-11-11 20:27
That is more like it  .............  #54 and #55

A touch of sarcasm and a dollop of paranoia  ............   

Ah yes, the old touch of expatter even-handedness. When someone posts both views (foreign media & state Chinese media) it is decried as paranoia....

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-11-11 20:35:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by drwatson at 2011-11-11 20:24
Thousands of people have donated money to pay a massive tax bill served on Chinese artist Ai Weiwei.
By Monday, there had been donations totalling more than 5m yuan ($790,000; £490,000) to  ...

Oh .... !

That's a shame  ..........

I was hoping you were going to post something new and incisive ...............

I fully understand that some if not many support him .........

It still doesn't show whether he is right or wrong ........

Just some people making their own opinion ..........

At least you got your post in the thread   ..........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-11 20:39:29 |Display all floors

And this from the 'biased' BBC

"According to a posting on the social networking site Twitter by Liu Yanping, a volunteer at the artist's studio, almost 20,000 people have so far handed over money.

"These are tens of thousands of people bringing in the money," A i W e i w e i told the BBC.

"They all have one message: we're supporting you, we're behind you, we have to let the people know solidarity and we know what it is and we know the accusations are fake, they're unreal."

Mr Ai - who has sold artworks around the world - has admitted he does not need the money, and has vowed to pay people back later.

He says the donations are an expression of people's feelings about the way he has been treated.

One reader, from Guangzhou, told the BBC he had sent money because it was a "rare opportunity to support what I believe".

"I will keep my receipt of the postal order forever, because it is my first real vote," the reader wrote.

Another reader, from Nanjing, told the BBC the 100 yuan they had sent was "for the protection and de monstration of human rights of di s sidents"

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-11-11 20:41:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by drwatson at 2011-11-11 20:29
"Mr Ai - who has sold artworks around the world - has admitted he does not need the money, and has vowed to pay people back later."
So what was that about a selfish billionaire who is  ...
.......................................................................................................

Oh dear  ............

Look please and I do mean please read the posts ...........

The one you refer to here is cited as:

This has been copied from poster: waiboshu

From: China Daily Forum >> China Watch >> Ai weiwei, a political clown .........

Can you see that I did not write it ......... ?

I have copied it here AND CITED it as if fitted the topic ........

If you have a question with regard to the quoted website then please feel free to ask waiboshu .......

At the CITED thread .........

Please don't make me explain each post to you as it is time consuming .........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-11 20:44:03 |Display all floors
I never did reference  your good self, only another viewpoint (which you expressed some agreement with)...

... what was up with that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-11 20:44:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by drwatson at 2011-11-11 20:34
Ah yes, the old touch of expatter even-handedness. When someone posts both views (foreign media & state Chinese media) it is decried as paranoia....

What a twister you are    ..........   

The posts cited here refer to your  ..........

Whinging like a little girl about posts not appearing (but they do for expatter)  ..........

I think we are pretty close now to the point where any reply to you will be a waste of time  ......

You need to read the posts before replying   ..........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-11 20:48:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by drwatson at 2011-11-11 20:44
I never did reference  your good self, only another viewpoint (which you expressed some agreement with)...
... what was up with that?

I referenced it so that people could see it was an opinion from someone else  ..........

Not me  ..........

If you have an issue with it you should discuss your objection with me on a third party basis  ..........

Or contact the writer in the first person basis  ........

Not try and trash the post as if I were the author  .......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.