Author: expatter

Wounded Knee and the Crushing of a Movement ..... [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-11-10 22:15:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-11-10 22:02
The latest movement by the lakota has largely been headed by Russel Means.  
He is an activist, but he does not have the power that he likes to wield around.
His biggest opposition to his mov ...
.........................................................................................

Yes your comments are visible ............

I fully realize that the world has spun many times since 1973 (when I had a full set of side-burns and a moustache), I do however have to ask myself why from 1973 till now the surviving members of these indigenous people's have had to work so hard for their fundamental rights  .........

I go back to what I said earlier in that the US government expects everyone to follow their version of HR, but seems to be unwilling to negotiate and appease even written guarantees of their own people  ...............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-10 22:19:24 |Display all floors

Reply #15 expatter's post

our government doesn't give a flip about the people

they have friends in high places that consume all their thoughts and time
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-11-10 22:21:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blueskies88 at 2011-11-10 22:03
You caught me!
I just skipped the read.
The US government is no better today than they were when they crushed that movement

Yes ...........

Long articles are often a pain and the main point is at the very foot of the text ...........

Plus what I have just posted to Fenix ........

Why is it so difficult for something written and guaranteed for your own people ...........

Whilst your government funds discord through NED and talks up people's inherent rights in other countries  ...........

I mean on the face of it they preach good stuff ..........

But don't practice it  ..............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-10 22:23:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blueskies88 at 2011-11-10 22:19
our government doesn't give a flip about the people
they have friends in high places that consume all their thoughts and time

OK ............

We have to get that military coup in action and soon ..........

Ooops .........

Oh dear  ..........

That will not work as the military get their money from the guys at the top  ............      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-10 22:23:18 |Display all floors
Hehehehe

Masters of deceit and sleight of hand
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-10 22:26:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blueskies88 at 2011-11-10 22:23
Hehehehe
Masters of deceit and sleight of hand

Hmm ...........

Not all bad news then  ............

(From their point of view) ..........

A well thought out and insurmountable wall .........   

Maybe one day the internet will actually get even more people thinking ...........

Oh ....... !

That will not work ........

Even there they have Echelon ..........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-11-10 22:34:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-11-10 22:15
  .........................................................................................
I go back to what I said earlier in that the US government expects everyone to follow their version of HR, but seems to be unwilling to negotiate and appease even written guarantees of their own people  ............... ...

Well I don't think the US is inflexible.  It just doesn't change fast enough.  But that is kind of the nature of things.  It takes generations to really change a whole societies perspective on things.

Human rights are definitely something very important here.  The fact that we don't always get it right doesn't change that fact.

If you want to appeal to the US populace - than make it a HR's issue and see the emotion come out.

Look at the rodney king beating.  Something clearly wrong and the public was enraged.  

It's more the american people that care about HR than the government.

So, when you here politicians speak about HR, you can bet it is because they want to strike a chord with the american public.

You think the motive is to criticize, but actually, I believe it's more directed towards americans than other countries.

But a lot of it is just lip service.

We all know that.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.