Author: blueskies88

HI [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-10-26 12:19:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blueskies88 at 2011-10-26 11:30
sammy and manny

the festival is apparently pretty old, according to Wikipedia

527 years BC for the Jains (Wikipedia didn't say when the Hindus started celebrating it)-- that predated Hanukkah!

I think Hanukkah was maybe 3000 years BC....maybe not....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-26 12:19:34 |Display all floors
I figure a well fed coyote keeps the heat off of my Momma Fox and her kits.
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-26 12:24:26 |Display all floors

Reply #39 snappysammy's post

From elsewhere

"Hanukah holiday is also known by the name Chanukah. In Hebrew, the meaning of the word Hanukkah is dedication. This festival is celebrated to commemorate the victory of minority community of Jews over the powerful Syrians in 165 BC."

Damn I'm good and studying that period of history for me was about a hundred years ago or so in this lifetime.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-10-26 12:27:04 |Display all floors

so thats would 2160 BG...before google....

Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-26 12:37:51 |Display all floors

Reply #38 seneca's post

Medicine -- I took an unusual departure in my field and avoided the pharmaceutical industry and decided to tackle plant growth, instead -- the money would have been better in the making of drugs, no doubt. You know, to this day, some folks think I have studied anatomy and physiology and should know such things, but I don't!

I often agree with expatter, he has a pro-Chinese government perspective like me. Heaven forbid I should say that a central government is best held in the control of a few well- trained, well-educated folks whose interest is in line with the people, but that is how I see it; the folks behind a democratic republic just don't cut the intelligence grade for the most part, as I see it.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-10-26 12:38:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blueskies88 at 2011-10-26 09:47
Adventures
If the CD staff does a better job of acting fairly, I might share them with you all
but I know you'd much rather hear cheap snide remarks about stupid racist cra
or some of ...
  ...............................................................................................

Hi Blue ........

Welcome back ..........   

QUOTE:   it ain't the government pal, it's the rich elite bastards to whom the Chinese government kowtows to the tune of $4 trillion!

Did I misunderstand something  ........  ?

I believe it was you who stated that the US government was the best that money could buy ........

Which was for me the implication that it was the money that held the influence  ............     

In another thread I indicated that if someone like Sarah Palin could even get a mention as a possible presidential runner then there was something horribly cynical with the American political system ........

And now I see 'Joe the Plumber' is running as a Republican candidate  ............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-26 12:40:01 |Display all floors

Reply #42 snappysammy's post

Steve Jobs died without ever forgiving Google for stealing his iPhone creation

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.