Author: DSseeing

How indifferent can people be? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-19 07:53:53 |Display all floors
What guy wouldn't stop to help a woman getting harrassed on the street andwhat does that have to do with race?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 09:44:48 |Display all floors

chinese not raced based?

How many chinese are not asian?

You're all the same race!

Apples and oranges.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-10-19 10:31:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2011-10-17 22:33
My case.......once more!

It was a rainy night and we had a long day in the factory. On my way back home at 11pm, down the G105 road I saw something that looked like a bundle of clothes in the middle of the road. I slowed down approaching the "bundle". As soon as the headlights of my car spotted the obstacle it turned out to be a person there. I immediatelly lit up the emergency stoppers of my car. Jumped out in the middle of the road and rushed to attend. The man was dead already! I went back in the car and dialed 110. I told the police my situation and who I was. It took the 1st police car to arrive around 15 minutes. In that time not a single car that passed stopped although I stood out in the rain near the body. When the police arrived they asked me how I hit the guy. I told them I didn't and that I just stopped to assist. The police asked me then why I stopped if I didn't hit the guy. I explained once again. A second patrol arrived. A third patrol car, and obviously, some people. They all started arguing how much I should pay to the family. As the situation was getting rather strange for me, Ic alled our company's local purchasing manager to come. The first thing he asked is how I hit the guy. I explained the story for the zillions time. He told me I was stupid! He ordered me to get in the car and let it to him.  After something like 30 minutes of seeing them argue and running a full check of all parts of the car and seeing really that there was no obvious sign on it...he comes back and says "We are lucky! I solved it with the family. We will pay 10 thousand rmb!" "ay? Why do we have to pay? I stopepd to assist and get the blame?" "You see, here if you are not responsible you don't stop...if you do is becuase in one way or another you are responsible"

Thank you for posting your story.

Did you really pay the money, if you did, that would make a national news.

How could they fine you even though they didn't find any evidence? Not a single sign on your car, wasn't it?

This is ridiculous.

Hard to be a kind man indeed.

[ Last edited by DSseeing at 2011-10-19 10:32 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 10:46:09 |Display all floors

#116 Here is the case....................

We paid the money to get away from there, according to our manager, because we were faced with having our company car impounded by trhe traffic police as an evidence to have it thoroughly checked. Since the car was a lease (our company doesn't buy cars but leases them for a period of time and then changes them), our manager estimated that having the car impounded would mean paying for a vehicle (the lease contract) but not being able to use it (we would have had to lease another one).

The family was claiming they had no money to take the body back to their hometown, in all fairness, they never asked for compensation on the spot but we offered to pay an amount if they asked the police to release the car since it was pretty obvious that the car was completely un-damaged and it didn't sustain any evidence of having hit anything.  

I was not happy with that; it seems to me that paying any amount is a kind of accepting the blame, but our manager, rightfully, told me that the court processes in China are long and it would be worst to have the car  "blocked" plus lawyers and other stuff in costs.

As I said before, I thought my case was unique, but it turns out that it seems it is freuqent in China that those who stop to help get the blame; we all know the case of that man who helped a lady victim of accident and he got charged with it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 10:52:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2011-10-19 10:46
We paid the money to get away from there, according to our manager, because we were faced with having our company car impounded by trhe traffic police as an evidence to have it thoroughly checked.  ...

I gotta be careful next time. Darn. It has to be changed.

I guess if the same thing happened again, you wouldn't bother to check.

A bad lesson to learn

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 10:56:06 |Display all floors

#118 Well.......

I thought abouyt it many times, indeed. But in my heart I think that if I was faced by a similar situation, I would act the same.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 11:01:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2011-10-19 10:56
I thought abouyt it many times, indeed. But in my heart I think that if I was faced by a similar situation, I would act the same.

totally understood. What if the "hurdle" was just injured.

Even though that might be a prize to pay for this.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.