Author: DSseeing

How indifferent can people be? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-19 00:50:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-10-18 04:54
This is just heartbreaking.

That poor girl.  Where was her mother?  A two year old should never be out of your sight!!!

The mother and father run a hardware store in the area.  Have you ever tried to keep track of a two year old?  No matter how dilligent you try to be, a seconds distraction is enough time for them to walk away and you have no idea where they are..... But to those who passed her by and claimed they didn't see her, I have one word to say......BULLSH!T!!!!!!  Anybody with a functional brain cell could have seen her and called for an ambulance, I have nothing to say but good things for the woman who did help her... she eserves our respect, nit our contempt.
Happily married to a Chinese-AMERICAN

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 01:03:06 |Display all floors

Yes, it is always the parents' fault.

Originally posted by Caseyorourke at 2011-10-19 00:50

The mother and father run a hardware store in the area.  Have you ever tried to keep track of a two year old?  No matter how dilligent you try to be, a seconds distraction is enough time for th ...

Can any adult watch over a child without he/she going out of sight? That means you got to keep looking at the child. No human can do that. The mother actually ran after her daughter but she took the wrong turn and went in the opposite direction. On top of that, I saw on the news that some netizens blamed the good samaritan saying she did it out of wanting fame and recognition. What on earth is this accusation? I can't believe anyone can come up with such ridiculous assumption.
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 01:10:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by PopularStar at 2011-10-19 01:03

Can any adult watch over a child without he/she going out of sight? That means you got to keep looking at the child. No human can do that. The mother actually ran after her daughter but she  ...

For working people is impossible to keep an eye on the children but the parents should take safety measures, a small security fence for the child is better than the business shop

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 01:12:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Caseyorourke at 2011-10-19 00:50

The mother and father run a hardware store in the area.  Have you ever tried to keep track of a two year old?  No matter how dilligent you try to be, a seconds distraction is enough time for th ...

I've had 3 children, so I experience the 2 year-old stage 3 times.  Now I have 2 2-year old grandchildren.

I know exactly what you are talking about.  Which is all the more reason why you HAVE to keep an eye on them.  You can't work and watch them at the same time.  It doesn't work out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 02:42:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-10-19 01:12

You can't work and watch them at the same time.  It doesn't work out.

Amen to that , toddler is full time job ..............there is no way to do anything in same time somebody mind two year old.

Problem is necessity , people can't afford not to work and that is not case only in China but increasingly in so called western world.

You need two incomes today in order to float.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 05:15:16 |Display all floors
Chinese society is not race based. In the US, if a white girl were bullied by nonwhites in the street, white males will join the side of the white girl. I see it many times. In China, non-racist culture created shocking indolence with the same kind. Chinese also learn relative fast. When helping the injured could bring themselves lawsuits, Chinese people learn to protect themselves. The relative laws and previous incidents are to blame.

[ Last edited by timbatu at 2011-10-19 05:29 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-19 07:21:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by SMITHI at 2011-10-19 02:42

Amen to that , toddler is full time job ..............there is no way to do anything in same time somebody mind two year old.

Problem is necessity , people can't afford not to  ...

You're preaching to the choir now brother.  You're absolutely right there andits an issue everywhere.  I was a single mom.  Childcare is tough.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.