Author: DSseeing

How indifferent can people be? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-10-18 20:30:56 |Display all floors
# 86

Good comment. I also think that he is already on the 'index'. Anyhow, he's not very inventive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-18 20:43:08 |Display all floors
I don't know.

Chinese culture pays a lot of (sometimes too much I think) attention to the relationship between family members and friends circle, not enough to the care of strangers. This maybe part of the reason in addition to the excessive attention to economic benefits of today.  

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-10-18 20:53:20 |Display all floors
# 88

I fully understand this. It's the same over here. People avoid to even come close to non-relatives, -friends, -colleagues because they consider this is none of their business.

On the other hand I am equally shocked about what has happened to this girl, not so much by the indifference of the bystanders but because of the cold-bloodedness of the car drivers. I hope they will get their just punishment.

I hope the girl will survive the ordeal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-18 21:06:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2011-10-18 20:53
# 88

I hope they will get their just punishment.

I hope the girl will survive the ordeal.  ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-18 21:16:44 |Display all floors

I read the girl is dead.

What is "just punishment" for mainland China?  RMB10,000?

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2011-10-18 09:17 PM ]
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-18 21:26:40 |Display all floors

When human don't love God they love themselves only.

Two of my friends were badly hit by a car on Oct.5. And they r experincing the very similar. The driver was caught n traffic police acompanied one of his family to the hospital whereafter the latter reluctantly paid ten thousand to hospitalize my friends while giving the victims very bad faces as if he were the one that's hurt. The responsible party has been playing scoundrel tricks ever since so as to save every penny in their pocket even though this family have been found to be quite well off. They'd rather spend money on bribing  the authorities than to meet the needs of their conscience, maybe they don't have such a thing as conscience after all.  The two victims are lovers n both families are poverty stricken. The young man is a newly graduate with a master's degree n the yong girl is working on her third year of graduate studies. This girl suffers comminuted fractures in her pelvis and another one in the upper bone of the right arm. Surgery is scheduled on tomorrow. Praying 4 her!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-18 21:30:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2011-10-18 21:16
I read the girl is dead.

What is "just punishment" for mainland China?  RMB10,000?

If it is considered a traffic accident that killed a person, the driver can be senteneced up to 7 years in prison, plus economic compensation, which must be a few hundred thousand. If the driver or his family can pay more, the sentence can probably be shorter.

If it is considered an intentional homicide, the driver will probably be sentenced to life imprisonment or at least 18 years in prison, plus economic compensation.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.