Author: PopularStar

Why are starving African parents so selfish? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-5 15:42:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by PopularStar at 2011-10-5 15:38

I am not advocating abortion or genocide.

My stand is, it is morally wrong to have children when the parent cannot ensure basic needs for the child to survive.

Some people think it i ...

You know,sometimes the only thing ppl have left is hope,even if is for a miracle but it keeps them going,so also in this case.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-5 18:33:49 |Display all floors

Finally!

Originally posted by Kiki1971 at 2011-10-5 15:42

You know,sometimes the only thing ppl have left is hope,even if is for a miracle but it keeps them going,so also in this case.

I am looking for such statements that will really shake my beliefs . Hope. That is a very profound idea. Thank you!
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-5 18:35:04 |Display all floors

And Hope is also the name of my avatar.

9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-5 18:53:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by PopularStar at 2011-10-5 11:20

Nobody die without sex. Sex is the right of an individual, I agree. More important is the moral obligation of the parent to ensure they bring a child into the world where they will not starv ...

Sex is a basic human need.  Maslow put it on the same level as food and water.  

We are driven to from being hardwired, and it makes us more psychologically stable.

You're not going to get people to stop having sex.  You're reminding me of the christians who believe they can teach kids abstinence instead of giving them birth control to stop teen pregnancy.

Its a naive approach.

I think you are seeing this from a chinese perspective.  The one-child policy was put in place to reduce starvation.  I agree with it although it is still harsh.

But the difference is, in china when that policy was put in place, you had a government behind it.  Birth control was made widely available.  Abortions were made widely available.

Every possible means to control pregnancies were a focus.  This is not the case in african countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-5 22:18:45 |Display all floors

Sex is not a need.

9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-6 00:39:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-6 01:45:26 |Display all floors
Its not only a psychological need, we are biological driven to have sex.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.