Author: PopularStar

Why are starving African parents so selfish? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-10-4 14:18:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-10-4 04:06

(1) How can you expect tribal people in Africa to be willing to break with tradition?

(2) THeir prime consideration is to continue their genealogoical lines, their tribe, their family.

(3)These factors depress the life expectancy of newborns, and so parents try to have more children....

Let me ask you two questions and answer to yourself Yes or No.

Q1. Is tradition an excuse to bring in babies into the world where they live in extreme hunger and poverty? I am sure you do know the existence of some head-hunting tribes and those who eat human meat according to their tradition. To make the children hungry and blame it on culture and tradition is selfish.

Q2. To have more children so that some will survive to adulthood and continue the family line is nothing but beastly. TO think that is it ok for some children to starve to death for the sake of continuing family line is very inhumane.

I have fasted before and I know how difficult it is to be hungry. All you can think of is "food, food and more food". When I fast, I do drink water and I am already suffering a lot. I am not a fat pig. Even skinny people like me who have good control over how much food I eat cannot bear the hunger. When I see the videos of children suffering and all I see is misery, I really hate the parents. I think they are very selfish.
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-4 18:19:21 |Display all floors
For one, I don't think many of these people have access to birth control.

It's not like it's a choice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-4 21:48:05 |Display all floors

I am appalled at the fact the you can't see the simple truth.

Originally posted by seneca at 2011-10-4 19:03
18:

I am appalled at the simplemindedness that presides over how you ask such life-and-death questions!

If I were to take you seriously I would need to know you personally, or at least your ...

To bring children into the world knowing some of them will starve to death is wrong and inhumane.

No reason will justify such an irresponsible deed. Parents have a responsibility to ensure the survival of a child. If someone want to have babies he would have to accept the responsibilities such as feeding baby, changing diapers and bring the child to the doctor when it fall sick. These are basic responsibilities a parent must fulfill.

To want to continue the family line is MY wish and not the unborn baby's wish. To want children to take care of me when I grow old is MY wish, not the baby's wish. Can't you see that it is all about MY desire? Which child will want to die of hunger?

The right thing to do in this case is to not have any babies. If I were in such an environment, I won't even get married and that is the truth. You can still love a person without marrying that person. Love is in strong control and marriage is just an option. A person with multiple partners like you will never comprehend what I am saying.
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-4 23:58:59 |Display all floors
PopularStar:
    during a war, why do people have children?
During a war, there is less food, more death, weapons everywhere and
people are more likely to get killed. Why do they still have children?
   During a genocide, why does the population being eliminated still have children?

Do you know what is the actual surface Area of the African Continent?
Don't look to a map, take a pen and write the surface area.
Then do you know what is the Density in terms of population of this Continent?
It is actually one of the lowest in the world?

Ask yourself : why is it one of the lowest in the world.

[ Last edited by truthfreedom at 2011-10-5 12:03 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-5 00:01:56 |Display all floors

During war they feel stressed...

Originally posted by truthfreedom at 2011-10-4 23:58
PopularStar:
    during a war, why do people have children?
During a war, there is less food, more death, weapons everywhere and
people are more likely to get killed. Why do they still have chi ...

so they have sex and later babies are born. Also very few people are able to control their lust. That's what I think.
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-5 00:04:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by PopularStar at 2011-10-5 00:01

so they have sex and later babies are born. Also very few people are able to control their lust. That's what I think.

It is more than that.

Have you ever studied what a genocide is?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-10-5 00:15:30 |Display all floors

Yes I know.

Originally posted by truthfreedom at 2011-10-5 00:04

It is more than that.

Have you ever studied what a genocide is?

I also know that people have pride. Sometimes pride brings problems. All the war, poverty and wrongdoings are caused by pride. A piece of land, survival of the race, wealth, power are place above humanity for the sake of pride. Pride of a nation. To preserve a race. All for the sake of pride.

If discarding the pride, result in less sorrow, why not? So what if I am the last remaining member of a clan? If by being so I can bring peace to the world, why not? It is a good sacrifice. This is because I have greater things in mind. There are things greater than power, recognition, wealth and being accepted.

I do not think one need to be knowledgable to know what is important at the end of the day. If people can just forgive one another and look for the interest of others, sacrifice a little, the world will be a better place.
9/11 was an outside job

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.