Author: expatter

200 Million Women Missing Worldwide .......... !! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-9-11 00:59:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-9-10 15:40

Yesterday for example I read a SPIEGEL article...

There have been plenty of people locked up for murder who are innocent.  

That is the fault of the court systems.

Do you think we should just stop prosecuting people for murder just because some people get framed?

How about fix the court system?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-11 01:01:53 |Display all floors

What exactly it is that I THINK is not up to you to misinterpret and spread in this forum. I have made my point clear and won't waver.

I don't think I misinterpreted anything.  You made your point very clear and I find it appalling and should have no place in a modern day society.

You are part of the problem, not the solution.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-11 16:29:49 |Display all floors

Women are responsible for THEIR own behaviour and their safety. And if they dress sluttily they are provocking people, not just men....

I'm not with you on this one, Sen.
Don't you think that the society has to set up degres of morality? Sexual aggressions cannot be excusable even if the girl decides to be seductive.
Dressing up the way you want is individual freedom and it should be tolerated until certain limits depending of the local culture..... unlike rape which should always be punished whatever the circumstances and the culture.
In some cases, in our countries, a mini skirt is enough to be insulted or molested. This is not acceptable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-11 19:56:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-9-11 14:18
I am not surprised to see JFenix turning the table when her seat finds itself over a fire.

Of course, to women with your view men are the problem. To the rest of us, including many women it is  ...

Did you not read the title of this thread?

How can you say there is no problem?

Violence towards women is in every country and culture.  

I could bring out more.alarmig stats from the UN and amnesty.

There definately IS a problem.

If you were to replace gender with race in those stats everyone would be agree the level of violence is unnacceptable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-11 19:58:46 |Display all floors
Finally someone with some sense.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-11 20:50:44 |Display all floors
Based on several surveys from around the world, half of the women who die from homicides are killed by their current or former husbands or partners. Women are killed by people they know and die from gun violence, beatings and burns, among numerous other forms of abuse [10]. A study conducted in São Paulo, Brazil, reported that 13 percent of deaths of women of reproductive age were homicides, of which 60 percent were committed by the victims’ partners [11]. According to a UNIFEM report on violence against women in Afghanistan, out of 1,327 incidents of violence against women collected between January 2003 and June 2005, 36 women had been killed — in 16 cases (44.4 percent) by their intimate partners

I guess they were all asking for it eh seneca?

Its the feminists that are the problem?  

Who cares how many die?  Maybe they should of had better manners right?

http://www.unifem.org/gender_iss ... _figures.php?page=2

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-9-12 08:05:33 |Display all floors
What does it have to do with a dress code?  Its the type of thinking. Violence and rape have been justified by improper dress.  Its a thinking that women are responsible for the behavior of men.  Its their fault if they are beatenor raped.  Why this kind of thinking is so accepted by so many people - both male and female is plain crazy.  

If we are going to reduce violence towards women, we have to combat these attitudes.  Your examples of reasons for homicides are completely unnacceptable.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.