Views: 3222|Replies: 12

Is China's gasoline price the cheapest in the world? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-9 11:20:08 |Display all floors
BEIJING-- The Chinese government will not lower the prices of oil products for the time being as conditions for a price cut have not been met, the nation's economic planning agency told Xinhua Monday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I heard China's CPI is running high, inflation is running high, the prices of just about everything are running high.

But the disposable income is running low, the paid holidays are running low and even the number of females is running low.

Could anyone tell me when will "conditions for a price cut be met", that is, according to Chinese standards?
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-9 13:06:07 |Display all floors

No! Mr. Dense Macabre!

The last time I check, it was almost US$1 a litre.

It's cheaper in Venezeula, Persia, even in the blend fuels in Thailand, Brazil and of course Malaya.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-8-9 13:52:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by DanseMacabre at 2011-8-9 11:20
Is China's gasoline price the cheapest in the world?

International Fuel Prices Comparison
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... amp;extra=page%3D11

Price in U.S.A is lower than the price in mainland China.
Price in European countries is higher than the price in mainland China.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-9 13:58:40 |Display all floors
The price of gasoline in Guangdong province is $1.25 USD/liter making it almost $5.00 USD per gallon.  Add to that the highest toll road cost in the world and transporation cost in China is among the world's highest.  It cost me much more to drive a car in China than in the USA....  Even license fees and insurance is more expensive.  And all this money is going directly into the pockets of the CPC...

[ Last edited by grb at 2011-8-9 01:59 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-9 14:34:13 |Display all floors

It cost US$2.50 in Singapore.

Ouch!

Obviously Singapore does not want to incur TRADE DEFISIT in automotive, components and fuel imports.
The Singapore state has 25% of it's GNP in the Financial sector!

How about China?

Good thing, THINKING, Good thing, FIGURING OUT THE NATURAL ADVANTAGE.

ha ha ha

Have a nice day!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-9 14:44:54 |Display all floors

Reply #1 DanseMacabre's post

YOU CAN DECIDE what's best for China.

I think we have made it possible for a PEACFUL RISE of China, taking advantage of NATURAL CONDITIONS!

CHEERIOS!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-9 14:57:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2011-8-9 14:44
YOU CAN DECIDE what's best for China.

I think we have made it possible for a PEACFUL RISE of China, taking advantage of NATURAL CONDITIONS!

CHEERIOS!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

I thought this "economic planning agency" actually claimed the price of China's oil is among the cheapest in the world...

I had read it somewhere, 'cos I particularly remember this agency talked about how much cheaper China's gasoline is compared to the US.
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.