Views: 4014|Replies: 23

Monument of Japanese invaders established by...Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-8-1 09:33:43 |Display all floors
A monument commemorating Japanese who died in their return from China after Japan was defeated was recently established by the local government in Fang Zheng, northeast China's Heilong province.

The monument, which cost 50,000 yuan ($76,000), is inscribed with all the names of the perished Japanese whose names could still be identified, and is said to be built for "the friendship of the two great nations", according to the local government.

While the local government said it is a symbol of "China's broadmindedness and generosity", a symbol of China's intention to "return good for evil", many doubt these high-minded claims.

"What they want is to attract Japanese investment and investors," a lot of the Chinese web users shouted with indignation, "it is an utter shame."

Apparently, not everyone agrees. Some local residents and those from vicinity actually defended the policy, saying "we are entitled to development" and "if it helps earn us jobs and money, what's wrong with that?".

Following are the pictures...
J 1.jpeg
J 2.jpg
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-1 09:38:35 |Display all floors
Oh, I forgot to add, it is sanctioned by China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Also, I'm sure if those defending the policy are actually Japanese, or for that matter foreigners, pretending to be Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-1 09:54:49 |Display all floors
On another note, this piece of news, like the train crash and the Palace museum "cover-up", again, was spreading in Weibo, China's Twitter-like service, before being captured by the mainstream media, which says a lot about how important a role SNS is playing in information sharing inside China.

By the way, I remember one "great lady" saying how Chinese fought valiantly against Japan for eight years. I totally agree with that, and admire Chinese for their bravery. But I have to ask this: "Didn't they respond only after extreme provocations, first from assorted foreign powers, then Japan?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-1 17:16:08 |Display all floors
Why you said that "Oh, I forgot to add, it is sanctioned by China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs."
The local government got approved for that from foreign ministry after applied many years.
For humanity and reminding the cruel war. Believe it or not, fanzheng wo xinle.
If Japanese also think the local government seek for economic benifit through such friendship activities not for humanity, then the FM should think again.

If they were Japanese immigrants(or invaders) summoned to move there but  abandoned by their own government after surrendered, would you pity them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-1 17:23:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by username7 at 2011-8-1 17:16
Why you said that "Oh, I forgot to add, it is sanctioned by China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs."
The local government got approved for that from foreign ministry after applied many year ...

No, I wouldn't. That would still make them collaborators. No less.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-1 22:51:04 |Display all floors

Answer me this:

How many memorials and monuments -- or sometimes even cemeteries, for that matter -- have been built for the victims of numerous accidents, including the recent train crash and for the countless anonymous heroes sacrificing for their country?

And since this particular monument has something to do with the Japanese invaders, how many have been built for those who died in the hands of  the invaders?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-8-2 09:05:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by DanseMacabre at 2011-8-1 22:51
How many memorials and monuments -- or sometimes even cemeteries, for that matter -- have been built for the victims of numerous accidents, including the recent train crash and for the countless an ...

Anyone can give me a few stats?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.