Views: 1353|Replies: 10

Bankrupt Britain Pledges Nearly a Billion for Vaccines …. [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-6-19 16:11:15 |Display all floors
Whilst on the surface this is a very laudable thing especially at a time when the UK economy is still running massive deficits one has to ask the question.

Whatever for?

In my lifetime I have not seen any difference in the situation of most African countries despite the billions that get poured into them. In addition, death, disease and war are still part of this everyday cycle.

Throwing money at Africa for short term gains only seems to fund agencies and corporates that have vested interests and made a living from this dire situation.

It strikes me that saving the lives of millions of children, bred like flies, so that they can live in poverty, squalor war and disease for the rest of their lives is at least as inhumane as letting them die young of pneumonia and diarrhea or other such ailments.

When will these government people who throw other people’s money around start to address the fundamental issues such as law and order, infrastructure, economy and education.

Does it really help anyone to continuously throw money away without acknowledging and addressing the core issues in Africa.

Or is it yet again just another Band Aid ……..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-19 17:15:13 |Display all floors
I would appreciate and feel gratitute if Britain can do this.

The whole world should do what they can to help this poor hungry continent.

I think the most important thing for this continent is developing agriculture.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-19 17:40:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 19-6-2011 18:11
Whilst on the surface this is a very laudable thing especially at a time when the UK economy is still running massive deficits one has to ask the question.

Whatever for?

In my lifetime I ha ...

the failed colonial murderers must be banking on getting their grubby hands on Libya's oil in the not too distant future...........

or another bundle of green backs stuck up the royal arse for helping zion in its plans .........
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-19 17:55:30 |Display all floors
Its obviously thought of as good international PR.

Or a spratt to catch a mackeral.

Not being cynical i prefer to think of it as a noble cause.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-19 18:15:47 |Display all floors

LOL

quote: "Not being intelligent i prefer to think of it as a noble cause."unquote.

is what the pommie poofter meant to say............... he he he
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-19 18:17:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kongque at 2011-6-19 18:15
quote: "Not being intelligent i prefer to think of it as a noble cause."unquote.

is what the pommie poofter meant to say............... he he he

You were a £10 pom  

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-6-19 18:26:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kongque at 2011-6-19 17:40
the failed colonial murderers must be banking on getting their grubby hands on Libya's oil in the not too distant future...........
or another bundle of green backs stuck up the royal a ...

Well ............

That was a deal already done in early March and sealed with the French doing something never before heard of, that of recognizing the rag-tag group of rebels before they had achieved anything except riots  ............

Agreed regime change and assassination ..............  

Both of which are still to happen .........

Christ, they cannot with all their bombs and bullets even get that done ..................   

I think the point about Africa is that these politician hypocrites have done nothing against previous murderous regimes there to enable stability, but when it comes to oil, they really get a hard-on ........

Albeit, probably a very small one  ..........   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.