Author: expatter

Chengguan Need to be Reformed, Not Scrapped ...... [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-6-19 12:12:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-6-19 11:58
hahahaa...
If the regulations were too much unfair and unjustice for street vendors?
How could those street vendors do in China?
+++++++++++++
hahaha...steal furniture..We talk about  ...

Whilst your anecdote is indeed hilarious ...............   

A wild guess would assume that this idea is something to do with security ..........

But what has that to do with illegal street vendors  ......... ?

Other than show that authorities have authority .........

And coincidentally as do many other countries have these  ...........

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-6-19 12:12:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2011-6-19 12:03
Same thing here in Guangzhou for the Asian Games.

Another funny story about regulations.

A citizen need to pass Identity Check and registered identity card informtion before he/she buys a kitchen knife.

It was a regulation made just before Asian Sports Events in Guangzhou and a regulation made just before World university student sports Events in Shenzhen.

Guangdong provincial government vowed to build a happy society. Is it regulations in a happy society?
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-19 12:13:34 |Display all floors
Professor Zhan makes a good argument, reform of the Chengguan and public education is needed, sooner than later I would add.

[ Last edited by wowzers at 2011-6-19 12:14 PM ]
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-6-19 12:15:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-6-19 12:12
Another funny story about regulations.
A citizen need to pass Identity Check and registered identity card informtion before he/she buys a kitchen knife.
It was a regulation made just befo ...

Without them you have anarchy ................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-19 12:21:42 |Display all floors
"  W  i  t  h  o  u  t     t  h  e  m     y  o  u     h  a  v  e      a  n  a  r  c  h  y ...............   "

Are we talking about Somalia or Kongo here ???

[ Last edited by 02062011 at 2011-6-19 12:22 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-6-19 12:24:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-6-19 12:12
One thing is certain, you can never become rich by being jealousy, lazy and complaining.

OH..you think that I posted sth or complained sth because I want to get rich????

hahahaha..Maybe Chinese government views GDP decide everything including democracy. But not all of government around the world view GDP decide everything.

Maybe someone views Money decide everything. But not of all human being view money decide everything.

I have sympathy with street vendors not because I want to get rich, but because I grew up from rural area. I know the bitterness of struggling for food in my childhood. But because my conscience is still alive. But because I still have a kind heart.

Yes, street vendors bring a little dirty for our urban environment. They bring a little unconvience for public transportion. They bring little of convienence for me. I usually buy food and neccessities from malls and supermarkets.  But compare with the survival of street vendors, the loss of urban dwellers is not a big deal. Many poor people are still living in our cities. They also need the service from street vendors.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-19 12:25:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 02062011 at 2011-6-19 12:21
"  W  i  t  h  o  u  t     t  h  e  m     y  o  u     h  a  v  e      a  n  a  r  c  h  y ...............   "
Are we talking about Somalia or Kongo here ???

Oh dear ...............

Do you actually believe that people and indeed Chinese could be controlled without rules ........  ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.